Re: More Yanks in tropical band...

This message is sent by "Don Moore" <MOORE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

< > The FCC has authorized WWCR Nashville to start testing on 3315 kHz.
< >
< > (Where will those Yanks stop?)
<
<   I would suggest you write a Letter of Protest to our beloved FCC. It
< has worked before over a matter concerning Australia, but I'm sure they
< will just get moved somewhere else.

I'm also planning to write a letter to my Senator on the issue. My
main points will be that  a.) This is in direct violation of
international agreements regarding these frequencies,  b.) WWCR is
one of the stations that the FCC has been looking into in regards to
violating the Federal law against broadcasting to a domestic audience
on shortwave, and  c.) a portion of their programming consists of
"right-wing hate" radio which does little for the image of the US
abroad and therefore WWCR is not the kind of station that the FCC
should be breaking the rules for.

If those of you outside the US would like to write join in writing my
senator, drop a line to:

Senator Tom Harkin; U.S. Capitol Building; Washington, D.C.; USA.

Don Moore
MOORE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx