From: b0019@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Thomas Adam)
Subject: Re: Port Blair-QSLs
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 95 12:04:25 +0100
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxx

This message is sent by b0019@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Thomas Adam)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hello Chuck,

About verification-procedure of the Andamanes:

1. Send your report to the WRTH-address at Port Blair.

2. They'll check it and if correct advice Delhi to forward you the QSL.

They reply directly if the report isn't correct and let you know that.

Then - of course - no QSL. India is one of the few countries where RR's are

really checked :)

Sometimes AIR-stations are fast in replying, sometimes they need additional

encouraging in form of reminders. Thus the general mysteries of QSL-policy.

Personally I should send a reminder to Port Blair, assumed I'm absolutely

(repeat _absolutely_) shure I really heard them. Otherwise it's money-wasting!

The station-manager's name (in june 1992) is/was Y. Bajaj. A good

idea will be to address the letzter directly to him.

good luck

Thomas Adam

b0019@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or at3850@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--