LOGGINGS & More

This message is sent by "Don Moore" <MOORE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

BRAZIL 4825 Radio Cancao Nova 2323-2332 w/ religious pop mx, OM/YL
amnts. // 9675. Fair. (Moore-IA Feb 21)

INDONESIA 4000 RRI Kendari 1255-1302 Presumed w/ Indo pops, OM anmt,
SCI, then into barely audible Djarkarta nx. Poor connection?
(Moore-IA Feb 20)

MALAGASY 5010 RTV Malagasy 0258-0304 IS, OM ID, into vocal pops.
Good. (Moore-IA Feb 17)

MISC.

BOLIVIA: I was curious as to just who Mauro Nun~ez was as I had never
heard of him and did not find a mention of the guy in some Bolivian
history materials that I consulted. I posted a question to the
Bolivian usenet group. It turns out that he was a very famous
charango player - a "painter and sculptor on the charango" as one
person put it. Apparently passed away, since only refered to in the
past tense. One reply mentioned having seen him perform, however. As
you might guess, he was from Sucre where the station is located. (Don
Moore)

BRAZIL: The 1995 WRTH still lists the "A Voz do Brasil" program as
being mandatory on all Brazilian broadcasters from 2200-2300. This
program goes back to the Getulio Vargas dictatorship of 1930-1945
(maybe the longest running SW program now that Happy Station is
gone?). I posted a query to the Brazilian group and got two replies
back, both stating that it is indeed still required and still carried
by all stations. Both replies were from Brazilians in the USA, so I'm
not sure how up-to-date they are. One did note that the program can
be heard on Radio Nacional Amazonia on 11780 everyday at that time.
It would be interesting to check for //s on other Brazilians, but
it's tough to get Brazilians that early in Iowa at this time of year.
The guy who listens to it on 11780 said that while it is sometimes
interesting, maybe the requirement is "why car radios with shortwave
are so popular in Brazil." An interesting comment. I also asked about
the "Projeto Minerva" that used to be listed in the WRTH for 2300-
2330 but is no longer. Only one of my two replies responded to that
and he said he had never heard of the program. (Don Moore)

Don Moore, Davenport, Iowa      MOORE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx