Radio Amazonas on 4939.50 kHz

This message is sent by DD9MW@xxxxxxx
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Martin Elbe
Wolfsburg, Germany

Hi,
Thanks to a tip in Cumbre DX I checked 4939.50 kHz this night. I heard a new
venezuelan station IDing as Radio Amazonas, s/off at 0309 UTC after playing 2
different anthems. Fair to good reception, but a little distorted audio.

Announcing 1130 kHz with 1 kW, WRTH lists that station located in Puerto
Ayacucho (situated at the Orinoco, and not the Amazonas...)
Perhaps Radio Continental, Barinas, sold their old 1 kW transmitter? That one
was working on 4939.6 kHz.

73's
Martin
--