KXBT to be testing on 1640 kHz

This message is sent by David Yocis <73564.203@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

The FCC has apparently granted another station rights to transmit in the
expanded band ... KXBT Vallejo CA (just north of Oakland) began testing on
Friday, March 8, on 1640 kHz. They experienced a few problems, according to
Compuserve discussions, but expect to resume testing shortly, and to begin
regular broadcasts on March 19.

The station will run parallel to the existing daytime station on 1190 kHz
(except on Sundays), and will have a "soul oldies" format 24 hours a day, 10 kW
daytime and 1 kW nighttime. The switchover from day to night power will come at
0215 UTC in March and 0245 UTC in April.

I checked the frequency on March 9 at 0500 UTC but heard nothing, not even a
carrier. It's been many years since I've heard California on MW here in
Connecticut, and I'm hoping I won't have to wait much longer.

David Yocis
73564.203@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx