Lowe HF 150; modification update

This message is sent by dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Willi Passmann)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Some weeks ago you could read about the following modifications for the HF
150, developed by the Austrian radio amateur Wolfgang Franta, OE3WFA:

-frequency display now in steps of 100 Hz instead of 1 kHz
-new and better LC display, now including a S-Meter
-1000 memories (for each memory you can also store up to 16 letters for a
station name as well as a good listening time (like gray line))
-built in clock
-V.24 interface for good and quick communications with a PC based database
(f.e. telling the radio all the active Bolivian frequencies and then just
jump from one memory to another)

Today I got a telephone call from Wolfgang. He told me that he did the
following additional updates:

1. A few people (including me) told Wolfgang that sometimes the radio had
to be resetted by switching it off and on, because the radio did not react
to further actions (like a "frozen" computer display). This problem should
be solved now; it was caused by the pulses of the external keypad.

2. You will get from any menue to the listening modus by turning the main
tuning knob now.

3. You will be able to choose whether you have to type in the frequency
behind the decimal point (.x kHz). Typing in AM-frequencies especially will
be easier now (before the update, typing "720" meant 72 instead of 720
kHz).

4. You can choose the memories by turning the main tuning knob (like the
original HF 150).

5. The number of a choosed memory is also displayed (for example number 500
out of 1000).

I can highly recommend the work Wolfgang did. It is done absolutely
professionally. If you want to know more just write to him (please
include return postage in form of an IRC or a green stamp):

Wolfgang Franta, OE3WFA
Karl Foederlstrasse 10
A-3032 Eichgraben
Austria

There are no commercial interests involved. It´s just ham spirit. Tell him I
have sent you.
(Text partly copied from a message from Harald Kuhl - tnx Harald :-)) )

73 - Willi, DJ6JZ

     Famous last sentence: "I do not think that Windows 95 will crash now".
       _/_/   Willi Passmann, Oberhausener Str. 100, 45476 Muelheim, Germany
      _/_/
     _/_/   Org. Media Consulting
    _/_/    M.E.A 65 Magnetic Loop Antenna      TBL Tropical Band List
   _/_/
  _/_/     Tel./Fax: ++49-208-779399 (National 0208-779399)
 _/_/      E-Mail dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx