New shortwavebroadcaster in Europe!

This message is sent by "Jens Sondergaard" <sndgaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

New shortwave broadcaster in Europe!

<RANDERS> - Today, Radio ABC a regional commercial radiostation from
Randers, Denmark, started a weekly transmission that can be heard every
sunday morning from 0800 to 1200 UTC in english.

The programme will be broadcast from a transmitter in Kaliningrad,
Rusia, for listeners all over Europe.

In the four hours the broadcast lasts, a.o. the danish Top 30 chart
will be aired.

Format will be music and information.

- But how did you ended up in Rusia?

"The Danish Tele Administration had done their to secure that the
monopoly of Radio Denmark would'nt be broken. They don't think that
privates should be into that area of broadcasting. And then buying
transmitter time is cheapest in Rusia."

"- we do the programme a couple of days before and brings it with
courier to Kaliningrad. It's a disadvantage as we would rather had
broadcast it directly from our area" says Stig Hartvig Nielsen, Director of
Radio ABC and presenter of the programme.

The Frequency for Radio ABC Denmark is 7570 kHz in the 41 meter band,
and transmitter power is 120 Kw.

Address for letters/reception reports is:

Radio ABC Denmark
P.O.Box 174
DK-8900 Randers
DENMARK

---
Jens Sondergaard. Randers, Denmark.
<E-mail:   sndgaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

* Member of DSWCI - The Danish Shortwave Club International.
* Receivers used: Collins 51J-4 and JRC NRD-72.

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx