GREEK PIRATE RADIO

This message is sent by "Zacharias Liangas" <zliangas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Dear  Mates from various radio lists

Below I send you a  very incomplete  list of pirate  radio  stations in Greece
with as much as possible  material I already collected after communicating
with the owners of the stations or by what I have monitored . IN a few cases
you will see some logs  of stations

And also notice that nearly all stations transmit irregularly to very rarely
and ID as well as telephone is only a feq times heard during their transmission
That means that in theo most  cases more than 2 hrs are needed for ID or
telephone numbers !

And  something  abt QSL policy:
As there is still a problem in Greece with the law determining  the
transmission status , they cannot provide either by telephone their address!
As a result QSL from Greek pirates is nearly impossible .

However with some I already  discussed , they  can possibly  QSL any
listenings, but first please send your loggings on  tapes and 1 IRC to me
so that I can find the station's ID and forward it to the owner.

Also please advise me your opinions on this project

(C) Zacharias Liangas DSWCI #3507, WDXC #2104

GT= Greek time ( UTC + 2 h)
r :reported
irr :irregularly

Radio 139	1253  , daytime 9-17GT
QTH Katerini still no data available
Info : The only regular station in N Greece , transmits every day uses s/times

Erotikos			1630 v(?) very  irr , nights GT
System 1200 W 25L+28R m dipolish antenna
QTH:Veria
Comments: Savvas,the owner ,  is  veteran  in   pirate radio (more than 20
years in the hobby ) and is  receivable in W Europe,heard twice in UK He is
interested  in your logs but  requires taped report

R Daily(?) 		1640 , times irr.
No data available
QTH Halastra Thessaloniki
One of the stations that may be received in W Europe

Melody lover 		1692, eves GT irr?
No data , neither tel available
QTH:Halastra Thessaloniki
Another  station receivable in W Europe

Adikimenos 		1620  irr prg
QTH: Malgara  Thessaloniki
Comments:The owner  Kostas do not know anything abt the transmitter system
that was made by his bro (under the name "Iperohos"} but i can assume  a 300 W
power

Amazonios 		1610 eves irr
Owner : Yannis
2 kW Xter  and 50 m wire
QTH Pella

PAntas			1626  eves , rarely
Owner : Yorgos  w 1 kW xter
QTH Malgara

Petaloudas 		1480v , evenings GT. irr
Owner Giannis , is 7 years in pirate radio , uses a 200 W Xter
QTH Thessaloniki

Makedonikos Ihos	1580v , evenings GT.  irr.
Owner Theodoros uses a 5 kW max.  Xter  and 70 m antenna
QTH Katerini

Ta pedia tis nihtas 	1630v daytimes   GT.
Arnd. 2 kW  and 80 m ant
QTH: Halastra  Thessaloniki

Gigantas 	1650v - nights GT
Name Giorgos , Power 200 W  to go to 1 kW later
QTH Imathia

Tasos 1620v - nights GT
Name Tasos Xter power 250 W  Abt 80 m  wire , amateur too!
QTH Naousa

Makis 	1630 v  - nigths GT
250 W and 80 m antenna
QTH: Imathia

Kastano Agori 	1622v - nights GT
Owner :Kostas  data n/a
QTH: Imathia

Delta 		1675
QTH : Probably Thessaloniki n/a other data
Hrd in QSOs (1700 and above)

Sineterakia 	1595v evenings GT
data:  n/a
mobile (cellular but poss. disabled ) phone !

Indianos 	1595 v evenings GT
QTH:Halkidona Thessaloniki

Thalasinos 	1685v nighs? GT
r. once in 7.7 for CQ then afteer QSO , QRYd  to 1675

Magos 		1675v nights?
QTH Katerini
r. In the QSO w  Thalasinos

Irinikos 	1610 days GT
 r. in 13.2.96 at 0912UTC , that time IDed then s/off

**** historical***
Veteranos 	?????????
He is a veteran of pirate MW started since 70s . Ha already made a QSL card
for a greek DXer . Possibly inactive

**** SW ****
Unknown  xter 	15000
I reported it  two times over the last 2 years  ,with relays of other stations
On  Jul relayed Imathia R 104.2 for 1-7 day time  and R Akrites on nights
Unknown QTH probably Thessaloniki

Antenna: 11 m hor , 6 m tilted ( Thessaloniki)
35 m sloper + 11 m hor ( LItohoron )
loop 105 x 105 cm
radios : Lowe HF150 , SONY ICF 7600 D
ATU