Re: A Request For Information...........

Re: A Request For Information...........

This is a message from Karl Shepard <Karl_Shepard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Text item:

Mary,
I have been having a similar problem in the 90, 75 and even the 49 meter band at
00:00 UTC through about 5:00 (I nornally stop listening at that point).  Only on
some days do I get signicant reception.  The bell weather stations are lousy as
well.  I live in Portland, OR USA.  I have four antennas and a 4 position
switch.  They cannot all be bad at once.

Karl_Shepard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a message from mary.s.clinton@xxxxxxxx

Tonight,approx 2400-0400 utc(local 1800-2400) receiving conditions were
deplorable at my location in Northern Wisconsin,USA,At least on the
freqs.on the 90 thru 41 meter bands.Much QRN/static,and an unwilliness
for stations to emerge,even the so called easier 'catches'.My question
to North American Cumbre Dxers this evening is if others suffered
similar poor conditions?This would assist me in isolating the problem as
to something gone wrong here with my antenna system,or who knows what.I
would appreaciate any input from others who may or may not have suffered
similar conditions.This gives me insight into any possible malfunctions
I may be encountering at my location.Many thanks in advance..........Tom
Messer...(2330 CST)

Text item: External Message Header