What's on 5405?

This is a message from Don Lodge <101521.2167@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Learned Colleagues,
On 21/1/97 I listened to 5405.00 kHz from 2345-0015.  Reception here was Sinpo
24333.  I heard slow tk (which could have been a religious sermon of some sort),
I heard a short Chinese type instrumental song, more talk, and then a corny
western type signature tune at the top of the hour.  I could not make out an ID
- talk continued slow and serious.
The signal is full AM.  I did not recognise the language (not my greatest skill
anyway).  If pushed I would say it sounded like one of the Chinese minority
languages, but not Chinese.
I tried for a few obvious parallels with Chinese internal stations, but could
not come up with anything.
Have I missed something obvious here?  Anyone any ideas?
Many Thanks

Don Phillips  DSWCI