Re: WJNA 1040 address - value of QSL?

This is a message from Dan Henderson <dandan2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jorma:

I agree with you, but you can't take it to the extreme...I heard my name
and report given on Radio Nacional Rio Muni on 5003, but can I get a
written QSL from them...Not so far.  So "proving it" is again in one's
mind.  Another example of that is the infamous BBC "Big Ben" Card that BBC
used to send out.  Was it a QSL?  It surely was for me, for I knew I heard
them, and the card came as a result of the report I submitted based upon
hearing them.  Could have it been faked?  Probably, but was it?
No...that's the personal integrity that must be part of this hobby.  So
when you say  "Prove it"....A QSL may be all the proof YOU need, and that's
important to you, but it isn't the ultimate proof for all people...As long
as you understand this, then each of us, with our own standards, can enjoy
this hobby and receive from it what we desire.

Keep up the good work.

Dan Henderson