Re: New AM relay stations in Japan (2/8/97)

Re: New AM relay stations in Japan (2/8/97)

This is a message from "Sonny M. Ashimori" <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I reported on 2/8/97:
>The three commercial AM broadcasters in Osaka, Japan, announced
>February 7 that they will together set up a 300-watt relay transmitter
>in Kyoto to improve nighttime reception. The stations are JONR (1008),
>JOOR (1179), and JOUF (1314), all 50 kW. If approved as expected,
>the new relay station will start operation in April. The new frequencies
>were not announced today. I will keep you posted.

Hello again.

On February 17 the ministry approved all the 3 new relay stations (same
location and antenna) in Kyoto. All 300 watts on exact same frequencies as
their 50-kW transmitters in southern Osaka. Services (24h except early
local Monday morning) start April 1, 1997. No local ID will be aired. The 3
stations are keeping an extremely low profile regarding this issue due to
the protest from Kyoto's only local 20-kW AM station. They just want to
improve reception there secretly without letting the audience know how.

Sonny

Sonny M. Ashimori
<mailto: sonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>