Re: Server configurations

This is a message from Risto Kotalampi <rko@xxxxxx>

> Hmmm........ 243 times 2 is US$ 486. Yes, that would easily buy you a 2.5 Gig drive and a 33.6 kbps modem. Snail mail info please!!!!

Oh yes I sure would. 2.5 Gig IDE (I have IDE controller in the server too)
is here about $200 + tax. Of course I don't mind donations... but I just
guess many people won't do it.

Since I started HCDX in 1995 it has been my favourite list. I have
always wanted to make Internet to serve DXers around the world as
well as possible and I hope HCDX has done at least some good. You can
be sure I won't give it up easily... I have dragged it with me to
new servers wherever I have moved my businesses (kotanet.fi majordomo ->
sci.fi RkoList in virtual kotanet.fi -> rko.iki.fi Linux here in CA).

The list has been expensive at times too, remember those huge bills
I got for international traffice while I had T1 to kotanet.fi and discussion
about having small fee? That's not problem anymore... now I am in flat
rate $30/month in best.com with static IP and it seems to work rather well.

As I said I don't mind donations and if I got some I promise to use
all to improve my server and services for HCDX community.

My address is:

Risto Kotalampi
189 Isabella Street
Hayward, CA 94544,