Re: Colombian mystery 1290+1320 kHz

This is a message from Christoph Ratzer <ratzer@xxxxxxx>

>This is what I think they were (heard on March 23 at around 0500 UTC):
>

>1290.3  RCN-2 Girardot (1 kW) - parallel with 1380 kHz (usually RCN-2 Tunja,
>                    located 200 Km from Girardot)
>
>1320.0  RCN-1 Girardot (1 kW) - mentioning RCN and talking about the
>                                "Announcer Day", in Spanish something like
>                    "...24 de Marzo - el dia del locutor...
>                                felicitamos a los todos nuestros locutores"
>
>WRTH 96 does not support my conclusions, but I found in finnish Radiomaailma
>(10/96, p.40) RCN Girardot on 1290.3 kHz.

Hi Karel,

WRTH 97 say:

1290   HJKY   RCN, Girardot  5kW
1320   HJNO   RCN Antena2, Girardot   1kW

Karel, whats your antenna for this excellent DX reception?

73 Christoph

     RX: Watkins Johnson HF1000  Ant: 30 mt. Longwire

                    AGDX Vice President
           Arbeitsgemeinschaft DX - the umbrella
  organisation of German speaking Shortwave Listeners clubs

  WWWeb page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/wwh