Re: Return Of Son

This is a message from dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Willi Passmann)

>This is a message from lawendel@xxxxxxxxxxx to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxx list. >
>>Tried to open today Blokhus.zip. PKUNZIP Doesnt know
>>how to handle the .rtf file.
>
>Generally speaking I'm not particularly fond of attachments, but that's a
>bit too much. Give a little try with your favourite word processor, Jari.
>What on earth has Pkunzip anything to do with Rtf format after it's been
>unzipped? I'd have unterstood a negative comment about zipped files... even
>if I can easily unzip'em, even on my Mac.
>I just wonder how some of us are approaching this list. One single message
>once in a while with an interesting attachment such as those usually
>provided us by Martin, Mauricio and others;  and perhaps thirty of them
>with utterly worthless opinion pro or contra mail with attachments. What
>the heck! If you don't like them zap'em from your disk or use a filter.
>Talking about wasted bandwidth.... We're here to discuss about radio.
>That's what the attachments are about, aren't they? Can't say the same of
>your nosy commments.

I have to agree. We should be thankful that some OM try to share extensive
information with fellow DXers. We all get HCDX for free, the mailing list
as well as the information therein.

It would make more sense to ask how a specific file has to be treated to
get the desired result. If someone should have problems using a Macintosh
computer, I am willing to help.
But as the problems seems to be harder in the Windows world, perhaps
someone can write a FAQ about the handling of attached files - I suppose
such a help will be available already via WWW. All the software one might
need is available as Free- or Shareware via Internet. Just invest some
hours of time once, and you will be able to enjoy the advantages of
formatted text for the future.

73s, Willi

     Famous last sentence: "I do not think that Windows 95 will crash now".
       _/_/
      _/_/
     _/_/  Willi Passmann
    _/_/  Oberhausener Str. 100
   _/_/  45476 Muelheim, Germany
  _/_/  Tel./Fax: ++49-208-779399 (National 0208-779399)
 _/_/  E-Mail dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx