THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME FIVE # 1

This is a message from KIWI RADIO <kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:   0064-6-835-4186.
Email:  kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
and                http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html

			VOLUME FIVE - NUMBER ONE

May 4th 1997

Howdy there everyone.

Hopefully you have had a great week of DX and other Radio-related
activities.

KIWI will not be on air tonight.

Our web page at: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
is getting longer, and if you know of a site ( even your's) that is not
listed as a link from our site PLEASE let us know.
Also any ideas and surgestions to improve our page are most welcome
at :  kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx
We will be rearranging the main page soon into a more professional look

We are still looking for MORE programmes for relay via KIWI RADIO
CAN YOU HELP ???.

It seems like this last week has been busy else where, so lets get into
it>>

			*****************************

Radio Marabu will be on the air again with another long time 24 hours
transmissions on the coming weekand from Friday May the 2nd starting at
18.00 hours UTC until Saturday the 3rd at 18.00 hours UTC.

Due to the raid on RFL we will be on the air via an own transmitter and
will use for the first time the frequency of 6305 kHz.

Radio Marabu - P.O. Box 1166 - 49187 Belm - Germany
Tel.: 05406/899484 Fax: 05406/899485

			*******************************

World Music Radio back on the air !!

Many European short wave listeners will recall the jingle "Come along
with us - we've got a good thing going - WORLD MUSIC RADIO". Now this
popular station of the 70'ies and 80'ies will be back on the airwaves
again very soon.

The new World Music Radio - WMR - will commence broadcasting as of
 May 31st1997 and will be on the air every Saturday and Sunday at
 1800-2200 UTC ontwo frequencies: 3345 kHz (for Southern Africa only)
 and 6290 kHz for "the rest of the World". The transmiter site is South
Africa,and Africa will be the prime target area for the new broadcasts
of WMR.
However the strong signals of the 250 kW transmitter is also beleived to
 be well heard in of Southern Asia, the Middle East and Europe.

World Music Radio will - as the station has been doing in the past -
play the best of the current hits and the best of the hits from the past
-presented in a personal, informal and friendly style.

The antenna beam of the 250 kW transmitter on 6290 kHz has not been
decided yet. In order to find the best solution test transmissions will
be conducted on May 8th, 10th and 11th on this frequency, and listeners
all over the World - but in Africa in particular - are invited to
monitor these transmissions and let us know which ones are received at a
good level. Here
the schedule on 6290 kHz for May 8th, 10th and 11th.
        Antenna no. 1:  1800-1828, 2000-2028 and 2100-2128 UTC
        Antenne no. 2:  1900-1928, 2030-2058 and 2130-2200 UTC
        Antenna no. 3:  1830-1858 and 1930-1958 UTC

Monitoring observations are requested by fax (+45 70 222 888) or by
e-mail
to wmr@xxxxxxxxxxx  (but please observe that there will be no QSL-card
available for these test-transmissions; if someone desperately need a
verification we will provide a QSL-letter on request. A QSL-card will be
made available for the "offficial" broadcasts as of May 31st 1997. By
then reception reports should be forwarded to: WMR, P. O. Box 112,
DK-8900 Randers, Denmark - enclosing return postage).

Further details on World Music Radio can be found at:  www.wmr.dk

			********************************

		RADIO 510 INTERNATIONAL

Hi and a warm welcome!!

We now have a new web page: http://ww2.radio510.org

                            http://www.radio510.org

The top www is in Milano,and the bottom one in Miami.

Have fun!!

DJ Stevie
Station Manager

			***************************

  RADIO FREE LONDON
 THE TRUTH ABOUT THE RAID

 We wanted to keep it low key for a while, but the news
 is now out about the raid on RFL.

 By what we can make out, it was a case of over reaction by the Police
who were called when our TX site was discovered by a maintenance worker.
 As most of you know the UK has had problems over the past few weeks
with the "scum"  Irish terrorist cowards IRA (I Ran Away) sending coded
 message's and Bomb warnings to close most of the UK's road network.

 Below is a copy of the story that appeared on South-Eastern Television
 Teletext on Monday 21st April

     Teletext   339 Apr21 21:28:20

                         London

      ___________________________
      M-WAY CLOSURE BLAMED ON RADIO

      A pirate radio station is believed to
      have caused a bomb alert that closed
      the M25 motorway for two hours.

      Police shut the motorway at junction
      four after a member of the public found
      wires leading from the slip road into
      nearby woods, and connected to a box.

      The bomb squad examined the box but
      decided it was harmless. The DTI are
      now investigating the transmitter.
      _______________________________________
         Regional news 331       Sport 170
         REGIONAL NEWS, SPORT & TRAVEL p330

 The story also made the UK national daily newspaper the "Daily Mirror"
 and the UK radio industry newsweekly " The RADIO Magazine"
 No mention was made of pirate radio in the "Mirror" story.

 We are not proud about what happened, it was just bad luck !
 We have operated the same way over the last Five years without
 any trouble or loss of equipment on a number of stations.

 Here are some quotes about the raid, bomb alert and M-25 closure from
some  people in the Free Radio scene. (The 'F' word was used a number of
times)

 Jonny@SRSNews (on hearing about the bomb alert and closure of the
motorway)
 "Nice job dudes"

The Double 'C' : "Those IRA bastards have f#@ked up the Number One
station"

 Paul Watt (Radio Merlin): Loud laughing and coughing down the phone
 for 1/2 minute ! then:"F#@king hell"

 CityFM (Germany): "I think that the Free Radio scene has lost an
important and good radio station.  It's legendary.  I wish you all the
best for the future"

 Steve Fox, (former operator of 1980s South-London pirate Skyline Radio,
talking to Tony Randall on the phone): "Anthony Randall, I find you
Guilty of operating a pirate  radio station"

 Kenny Myres (talking to Terry Phillips on the phone): "Is this story on
Teletext something to do with you?"

 Former operator of "Radio Free Britain" who doesn't want his name
printed: "The mouth of the South shuts the M-25" (Reference to
Mr.Walker)

 Jack Russell (WMR): "Oh for f#@ks sake"

 Radio Marabu (Germany): "RFL raided......Is it a joke, or true?"

 Dave Martin: "Fame at last"

 RNI (Germany): "RFL is one of the most professional free radio stations
in Europe.I hope that you can go on"

 Steve Chubby (Laser): "I'm really sorry to hear about your recent bust,
 bad luck I think"

 Peter Verbruggen (FRSH): "What bad luck......I think that is a very
unfortunate series of coincidents, however, the thing is that attention
is going out to RFL and thats something you will not be happy with. I
hope you will be back soon"

 Andrew Yoder: "That kind of stuff occasionally happens for such an
active station. Thanks for being so dedicated & doing the pirate stuff
anyway"

 The Double 'C' (again): "KILL the idiot who leaked the real RFL raid
story"

 Over the past Four weeks we have had an incredible run of bad luck:

 1 : Some Children found our main site in London and switched of the rig
but were caught by us and told to F**k off.

 2 : The Raid.

 3 : Another one of our mains sites in Kent was found and "Hippies" were
using our power tap-in and mains cable which was leading to a tent in
the woods !

 4 : The final straw was on Friday night May 2nd when the mains cable at
our last main's site was found CUT !

 Thanks to everyone who's supported us over the last few weeks and RFL
will be back in June.

 73s from London.
(The "F" word has been altered  - editor)

Well another issue done, and time to Email it out to over 500 people
now.
See you next week.

73's

Graham J Barclay