SWLs who need YOUR Help - Cumbre DX Book Project

SWLs who need YOUR Help - Cumbre DX Book Project

This is a message from "Ulis R. Fleming" <ulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Would you like to help out a Shortwave Listener in a developing
country?  You can by donating your last years edition of the World
Radio TV Handbook or Passport to World Band Radio.  In many countries
these books are very difficult to obtain or very expensive.

Please look at the following URL for more info:

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/4819/book.html

This page will explain how the project works.  Cumbre DX currently has
20 DXers who have requested a book that we have not been able to find a
donor.  These countries include:

2 from Colombia
1 from Ecuador
1 from Nigeria
2 from Cuba
5 from India
3 from Argentina
1 from Trinidad
2 from Brazil
1 from Chile
1 from Mexico
1 from Honduras

The response this year has been excellent.  Thanks to the publicity received
from Glenn Hauser, Marie Lamb, and Kim Andrew Elliott on their radio
programs. Last year Cumbre DX matched over 50 SWLers who requested books
while this year we have had well over 160 requests with more requests
arriving weekly.

Anyone interested in participating this project please let me know and I
will email you the address of the SWL who has requested a book. You will be
helping out a fellow SWL and who knows make a new friend along the way!

Just think for a moment what it was like when you did not have a
reference book to listen with?

Your help would be appreciated.

73,

Ulis

EMAIL:  ulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ulis R. Fleming<>Radio Amateur: K3LU (ex:WB3LUI) TI5NW<>Shortwave Listener

 Glen Burnie, Maryland USA          <>        Internet: ulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
	     Cumbre DX Home Page:  http://www.grove.net/~cumbre
   Cumbre DX Pagina en Espanol: http://www.netcom.com/~ulis/cumbre.html
           Club Babalu: http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/4819/