ADMIN: Hard-Core-DX-lists to become one

This is a message from Risto Kotalampi <rko@xxxxxx>

Hi All,

I have received quite a many emails concerning the suggested
FM-DX email list. Thanks a lot to everyone:) This mail is sent
to Pirate and Radio-Internet lists too because those will
face some changes.

---

COMMENTS

If you don't want to read comments... jump to CONCLUSION.

Here are some arguments against the list and for it:

+ = opinion for the separate FM-list
- = let's keep all here on HCDX-list

+ Good idea. Take 30-108 MHz to it and maybe we will get
  material for utility, too.
+ Good idea. It should cover Sporadic E and TVDX too.
- Sporadic E season is short, it is annoying to subscribe to 2
  lists.

My comment: I agree. People might remember to use FM-list for this
summer.... but what happens when winter comes again and there is no
postings for months? Next summer nobody remembers the list anymore.

- By having FM-postings on HCDX some people who don't do FM-DXing
  might be able to help because some stations are local to them

- No need for own list. HCDX volume is not so high that we should
  split the list. So couple of extra messages shouldn't be a problem
  to anyone.

My comment: yes... FM-list might be so low volume that people
would forget it soon.

+ Please include me to your new list.

+ Information goes pretty well already here in Finland. But there
  seems to be activity in other countries as well so maybe a new
  list would be good.

- I don't see the new list necessary because conditions are
  very local and number of stations is enermous.

- It is rather short season.

- http://www.sci.fi/~bkl/ has very good FM-site.

+ As I'm not listing in FM DXing, I would prefer to see a different
  list created to keep traffic down on the main list.

- For me it is not problem receiving FM material on HCDX. I do a lot
  of FM-DXing myself.

+ For filtering messages it would be easier to have 2 different lists.

---

CONCLUSION: no new list, but some changes

It was very nice to get so many comments about this topic. About
half of the people wanted the list and another half didn't. My
decision is not to start any new list for FM-DXing. This is
because:

a) new list would be low volume and would die for inactivity. If
   not earlier, this would happen on winter months.
b) we separated pirate issues to a new list, and what is result:
   that list is dead... not much postings anymore. Same thing applies
   for Radio-Internet list (for Internet related postings)
c) HCDX is not so high volume and filtering of FM-mails shouldn't
   be a big problem for those who are not interested in.

And the best comment I got comes here:

"If anyone who contributes with FM-related information could clearly
point it out in the subjects row, it would be easy for those who are not
interested to sort it away."

Excellent idea. From now on I hope that everyone will start using
more clear subject lines. For example: