MEETING: Convention Updater

Attn Editors: There have been quite a few enquiries regarding the
New Zealand Radio DX League's 1998 Convention so could you please publish this
updater:

Convention '98 Updater.

Interest in next year's Convention has brought intentions of attendance
from>Scotland, England, Finland, Hawaii as well as Australia and New Zealand.

Just to remind everyone, here is a tentative schedule of what is planned
so far:

The Convention is being held at Camp Iona, which is located near the township
of Herbert, about 20km South of Oamaru on SH 1. It is being held over
Waitangi Weekend so Friday the 6th is a public holiday. Camp Iona consists of
a large hall where we will have our meals and auction, workshops, discussions
etc. A large "Lodge" fully self-contained and reserved for our older members,
several accomodation blocks, similar to motor-camp cabin standards and
several ablutions areas as well as ample ground for aerials and an obstacle
course.

Thursday 5th February:

3:00pm Convention officially begins. Welcome, afternoon tea and a general
chat and get to know each other session.

Friday 6th February

To be advised

Saturday 7th February

7:00am - 12:00 pm to be advised

12:00pm Meet at Boulders Park Restaurant for 50th Anniversary Commemorative
        meal & speeches, then back to Camp Iona for afternoon tea and
        reminiscences

Rest of day to be advised

Sunday 8th February

7:00am onwards

9:00am Official Convention close

12:00pm Premises vacated

We have a few items lined up to "fill in the blanks" including an auction, a
night-time visit to Oamaru's Little Blue penguin colony, scenic trips to Shag
Point, Moeraki, Trotter's Gorge, Puketapu, a quiz night, game of cricket,
trip to top of Mt Stalker for FM enthusiasts, Church Service etc. We are also
organising guest speakers on topics like "DXing and the Internet", a visit
from the guys at Mainland Radio, etc.

The Convention registration fee has yet to be set, it will be around NZ$75
per person and will cover all meals at Camp Iona and the Commemorative Lunch
as well as accomodation. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag,
pillows, blankets etc. NB: You will need to bring your headphones - you MUST
use these when listening to avoid disturbing others!

Please let us know if:

- you only want to attend on certain days or for certain events, e.g. the
Commemorative Dinner, your fee will be charged accordingly.

- you would like arrangements to be collected of dropped off in Oamaru on
arrival/departure via bus, train etc

- you would rather opt for a little more comfort and stay at a nearby motel
(we can send you details of these).

A full registration form will be published shortly. If you have any further
enquiries, please write to Convention '94, c/o Basil Jamieson, P O Box 179,
Oamaru 8900, New Zealand or e-mail - basjam@xxxxxxxx