NEWS: Cricket RSL at Old Trafford!

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
>To: hcdx
>From: Alan Gale <alan.gale@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Cricket RSL at Old Trafford!
>
>        Following a tip off from a friend I checked 1602 kHz today and
heard a cricket RSL from Lancashire Cricket Club at Old Trafford.

>        The station, which goes by the unusual name of '160 for 2' was
coming in quite well here (about 15 miles north) this evening, though at
this time (1929 UTC) BBC Radio Kent is just starting to beat with it.

>        I didn't see any publicity for this station in any of the local
newspapers, so I don't know if this was their first broadcast. Format and
style suggest it could be a 'Alan Yardley' station, and the presenter is
Matt Procter (presenter of Manchester United Radio). Anyone know anything
more about this one?