BULLETIN: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIX # 5

BULLETIN: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIX # 5

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM,
INTERNET, LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-4186.
Email:  kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
and                 http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html

			VOLUME SIX - NUMBER FIVE

June 29th 1997
				"DAY ZERO"

Hello Friends

Welcome to the WEEKLY this week.

KIWI RADIO is scheduled to do it's LAST live broadcast from New Zealand
today Sunday June 29th from 07.00 UTC >>>, on 7475 khz USB
We will be featuring bits and pieces of KIWI's history and a relay from
RADIO TITANIC INTERNATIONAL from Germany.
Their Address is: 	P O BOX 220342
			D-42373 WUPPERTAL
			GERMANY

KIWI RADIO will be issueing SPECIAL QSL cards for todays broadcast.

The KIWI RADIO WEEKLY WILL continue to be put out each week at this
stage. So if there is anything happening please continue to let us know.

KIWI RADIO hands over it's transmitter today following todays broadcast,
to RADIO JEMIMA.

It is hoped that KIWI RADIO will be relayed in the USA and Europe on /
or about September 6th / 7th to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of KIWI
RADIO.
We already have a number of SW relays organised, and these will be
listed in the near future. Also we hope to be able to "BORROW" Radio
Jemima's transmitter on that date.

KIWI RADIO will be issueing special 20th Anniversary QSL cards for this
broadcast.

But it is with sad parting that KIWI RADIO will finish it's live
broadcasts today, and despite many many requests to "reconsider" our
decision we are still standing by our original decision to end KIWI
RADIO broadcasts.
We may re-enter for a DX Convention etc, but that is an extremly Rare
likelyhood.

After 20 years of doing the Illegal, it is now time to concentrate on
the "Legal" side of broadcasting and let someone else take over from us,
as RADIO JEMIMA have indicated that they will be doing.

On that note we understand that the Australian Based operations of Radio
G'DAY may be restarting in the very near future - according to Claude
Crowe of Radio G'DAY it will be this year. We will keep you up to date
through the weekly.( we may be able to get a relay via them as well ??)

I will most certainly be retaining my strong interest in Free Radio and
other associatted Radio-related interests, and therefore the weekly
send-out of THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY will continue for the time being.

We would also like to pass on our most sincere thanks to ALL the Free
Radio operators and publications for ALL their input and assistance over
the Past nearly 20 years. IT HAS BEEN APPRECIATTED by us here at KIWI
RADIO.
We will be updating the history set from 3 to4 cassettes and from 48
pages to approx 60 pages. Details are on our web site.

We will continue to operate our web site(s), and any info etc will be
posted there for all to see.

Now onto other news:

			************************

"OLD NEWS"

Headline:
PIRATE RADIO STATION PLUNDERS POWER FROM
M25 KEEP LEFT SIGN

The article talks about how pirate stations are booming in
the Capital and headlines with and mentions the Radio Free
London raid of April.

If anyone would like a copy let me know and I'll attach it over
in full. Also I've been told there is another piece about RFL
in the latest copy of Shortwave Magazine.

( AW - RFLSW )
			****************************

Dear DXer

Desde Tokyo, el epicentro del diexismo latinoamericano, surge la senal
inconfundible de Radio Nuevo Mundo a nivel internacional...

For immediate release: New Booklet "LA DXing No.6"
Date: Tokyo, June 28, 1997

After a long silence of 5 years, Radio Nuevo Mundo is pleased to
announce publication of another legendary booklet exclusively for those
interested in DXing stations in Latin American countries: "LA DXing".

If you are interested in clandestine stations, LA DXing No.6 is it!
If you are interested in Peruvian shortwavers, LA DXing No.6 is it!!
If you are interested in identification texts, LA DXing No.6 is it!!!
If you are interested in station  photographs, LA DXing No.6 is it!!!!

Here is a table of contents of the "LA DXing No.6":

1.  SINTONIA DX (LA stations by frequency)
2.  TRABALENGUAS DX (ID text transcription of LA stations)
3.  RELAMPAGO DX "Por las Rutas del Peru" (Station profile), featuring
    49 legal/illegal shortwavers in 16 cities in the Departments of
    San Martin, Loreto, Ucayali, Huanuco and Amazonas.
4.  TERREMOTO DX (Station profile, etc.)
4.1 DX Trip to La Mosquitia, featuring SW stations in La Ceiba (HRLW),
    Puerto Lempira (HRRI/HRXK/HRET) and Puerto Cabezas (YNPMK).
4.2 WRTH 50 years and Latin America
4.3 Radio Rebelde (Cuba)
4.4 Last Days of Radio Impacto (Costa Rica)

Authors include Tor-Henrik Ekblom (Denmark), Don  Moore (USA), Takayuki
Inoue Nozaki (Japan) and Tetsuya Hirahara (Japan) for your full reading
satisfaction.  Also you can enjoy looking at many photographs  (studio,
station, personnel, etc.) as well as a lot of logotypes of the stations.

Total page: 270 pages
Size      : A5 (21cm x 14.8cm)
Price     : US$20.00.- or 20 IRCs or JY2,200 for airmail delivery
Method of payment: Cash (US dollar notes only, no coins) or
IPMO (International Postal Money Order) or Postal Gyro (Tokyo
00180-1-89806, Tetsuya HIRAHARA).
No checks (irrespective of personal or bank) accepted.

LA DXing No.6 is available from:

Tetsuya HIRAHARA (RNM),
5-6-6 Nukui-kita, Koganei-shi,
Tokyo 184, JAPAN

For inquiry on bulk order (more than five copies to a single address)
please send an e-mail to: PXK00602@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your kind attention.

Best 73's and good DXing!

Tetsuya Hirahara
Overseas Charge Secretary ad int.
Radio Nuevo Mundo
			******************************
		W R INTERNATIONAL:

        Hi,
                          As you know W.R International was on the air
last
Sunday 22/6/97. It has been decided that for a trial period we will
transmit programs on 12256 Khz short wave for a few weeks on a Friday
and Saturday night after 21:00 hours UTC.
        We would be very grateful to recieve your QSL's and other items
of
mail to give us some idea if the signal is usable at night. The program
content will be the same as it has always been on WRI, A mix of music
from 1955 to the present decade.
        We hope that you aer able to listen to the station, if you wish
and that you will be able to contact us at some time. These test will
start
on Friday 27th June 1997 and Saturday 28th June 1997 and will contiue
until further notice.
        Please feel free to inform any one who may be interested.

WRI can be contacted by E-Mail :-  wrinternational@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                    by Telephone :- +44 973 792 839
                                       by Snail Mail
W.R International,

Ostra Porten 29,
S 442 54 Ytterby,

Sweden.

Many Thanks and Good Luck
73's
Dave Jones (WRI)

Thats all Folks - See you again next week.

73's

Graham J Barclay
KIWI RADIO - NEW ZEALAND
Email: kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx