NEWS/LOG: Glenn Hauser's SW/DX July 2

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM,
INTERNET, LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
        GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-04, JULY 2, 1997

UNIDENTIFIED. In the two weeks since I first reported the station on
7543.5-LSB, I have seen absolutely no reports of anyone else hearing
it. I checked again the following evening, June 19, and it started to
fade in around 2345; at 0025 some talk, 0030 music, occasional talk,
but far too much splash from WSHB-7535 to understand anything. June
20, I checked earlier in the morning at 1100, but nothing heard until
a weak carrier around 1200; audio faded in at 1223 with preaching in
progress. No further checks were made while I was on vacation until
June 28 when the Spanish preacher was seemingly turned on in progress
around 1226; still audible at 1350 with some music breaks. Next check
July 1 at *1241 but too weak to copy; 1255 faded in stronger with
preaching, 1315 music; at 1342 ending "Una Voz en el Aire" program
with Mexican music, and starting "Una Cita con Dios" giving an address
on Central Avenida in Los Angeles; 1359 "Fragmentos de Inspiracion"
within Cita show; 1410 repeated L.A. address, 1411 ending program,
dead air for a minute, 1412 music; 1438 recheck with hoarse English-
accented preacher in Spanish; 1507 still audible but weaker, and gone
by 1525. Never any s/on, s/off or IDs heard other than names of
programs. Perhaps this is a Mexican aficionado doing his part for
evangelism, and his clock is 12 minutes slow or 18 minutes fast...
July 2, tune-in at 1221 to find it already on air with usual fare,
but had moved up to 7544.1, still audible at 1455 (Glenn Hauser,
Oklahoma)