BULLETIN: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIX # 1

BULLETIN: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIX # 1

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM,
INTERNET, LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-4186.
Email:  kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
and                 http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html

			VOLUME SIX - NUMBER ONE
July 6. 1997

Hello to you all.

As you know by now KIWI Radio did it's last live broadcast last weekend,
with a good response.
We sincerely thank you all for your listening patience.

The Home page on the www site at:
is currently being rebuilt to make it easier to view and find a section
of the Radio hobby you are looking for.

The KIWI RADIO WEEKLY will continue to be produced each week for as long
as we can keep it full of information.

Radio JEMIMA may be testing very soon. More info as soon as we know.

Now onto other items from this week:
		*******************************
ANTENNE X:

Dear readers:
The July issue is now out! We are pleased to present our third issue.
Hope
you enjoy it at: http://www.antennex.com/ If you would like to see other
types of articles, please let us know.

73's de Jack

			***********************
RFLSW:

Attached is the press cutting from Friday's
London Evening Standard about RFL and
pirate radio booming in the capital.

Please note that this is the UK Radio Authorities
propaganda, handed out to the press to give
all pirate radio a bad name.

Not all the facts about RFL in the article are true.
It was a No Entry Sign NOT a keep left sign !

Over the past 5 years stations like WNKR, WGAS and RFL
have operated in this way with out any problems and
most pirate station's steal electricity to run their operation.

( We hope to complete this item next week  - Ed )

RADIO FREE LONDON
5805kHz 51 meter band

This weekends line up:

Terry Philips (1 hr)
Andy Walker (30 mins)
Eric May (45 mins)
Steve Chubby (45 mins)
Tony Randall (1 hr)

RFL NEWS:
Our eight month back log of mail will be answered
in the next few weeks when a new 8 page newsletter
and QSL will be sent to everyone who has sent in a
reception report.

Good reception on 5805 has been noted almost everywhere
and our mail has now gone up due to the lack of QRM on 5mHz
where listeners can now hear our signal even if it is a little weak
at times.

A new 3mHz rig was tested last Sunday morning for a short time
with a dead carrier. We hope to be back on this band soon, as we
are now getting mail moaning about the high amount of QSO stations
using 76m and lack of real free radio programming. Why people are
moaning to us we are not sure, but we can guess !

RFL can now be heard in and around London and the South-East
on 1125kHZ every Saturday afternoon.

Finally.......We get letters from young and old listeners to RFL,
the young moan about the oldies we play, the old moan about the
new Indie and Rock music we play !!.....Confused ? Let's explain it
in black and white. We broadcast on every first and third Sunday's
in the month, the first Sunday TX is an all oldies music format and
the third Sunday is an all Rock/Indie format. We try and keep
everyone happy, though it isn't always easy.
			************************
R.A.E.:
30.06.97

Here the following as information:

ARGENTINA

Here is the NEW schedule from RAE, Radiodifusion Argentina al Exterior
valid from today 30 June 1997: Times are UTC.

PORTUGUESE: NEW 1000-1100 (ex 1100-1200) & 0100-0200 11710 khz.
JAPANESE: NEW 1100-1200 (ex 1000-1100) 11710 khz.
SPANISH: 1200-1400 11710 khz, NEW 2200-2300 (ex 1800-1900) & 0100-0200
15345 khz, 2300-0100 9690 & 15345 khz.
FRENCH: NEW 1800-1900 (ex 2100-2200) 15345 khz. 0300-0400 11710 khz.
ENGLISH: 1900-2000 15345 khz & 0200-0300 11710 khz.
ITALIAN: 2000-2100 15345 khz.
GERMAN: NEW 2100-2200 (ex 2200-2300) 15345 khz.

*LRA1 Radio Nacional programme "Panorama Nacional" in Spanish is
broadcasted at 0900-1200 on 6060 & 15345 khz and at 1500-1600 on 15345
khz. Sat & Sun connection with LRA1 Radio Nacional Buenos Aires.

The NEW director of RAE currently is Miss Perla Damuri.

Best 73s from:
Gabriel Ivan Barrera
			*************************

NEWS FROM WRMI - July 1, 1997

NEW ANTENNA UPDATE - WRMI's new rotatable log-yagi antenna beamed to
North America is well under construction.  The tower has been completely
erected.
 As I write this, the engineers are working on the elevator mechanism
which will lift the antenna to the top of the tower.  This device will
also be
able to lower the antenna to the ground in the event of a hurricane, for
example.  We are hopeful that the new antenna can be on the air during
the
month of July.

WRMI ON THE AIR 24 HOURS PER DAY - In June, WRMI began broadcasting 24
hours per day on weekdays, and slightly less on weekends.  Much of the
new programming is in English and consists of the "AmeriNet" talk radio
network, based in Tampa, Florida.

NEW TIMES FOR VIVA MIAMI AND WAVESCAN - Our English-language DX program
from Adventist World Radio, "Wavescan," has been expanded from 15 to 30
minutes as of July, in order to bring you more DX news and features.  At
the same time, we have shortened the English-language version of "Viva
Miami" from 30 to 15 minutes and we have added a number of broadcasts of
Viva Miami each week.  "Viva Miami" includes letters from listeners,
interviews, DX news, travel information, music and a variety of other
features.  In July, several editions of "Viva Miami" will have
interviews
and other items from the 1997 European DX Council Conference held in the
Czech Republic last month.  In August, "Viva Miami" will go on the road
to Mexico, and in late September and October, the program will feature
Alaska.

SPECIAL PROGRAMS FROM SOUTH AMERICA - WRMI will relay another special
broadcast of the South American "pirate" stations Radio Pirana
International and Radio Cochiguaz on UTC July 28, 1997 at 0100-0130
(Radio Pirana International) and 0130-0200 (Radio Cochiguaz) UTC on 9955
kHz.
Special QSL cards will be issued for reception reports sent either to
WRMI
or directly to the stations in question.

SCHEDULE CHANGES - WRMI's programming is dynamic and there are frequent
changes.  For schedule updates by e-mail, send a message to:
wrmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WRMI PROGRAMMING:  WRMI sells shortwave airtime to a wide variety of
organizations -- religious, political, cultural and commercial.  All
programs except "Viva Miami" are produced by outside organizations, and
opinions expressed are not necessarily those of WRMI.

WRMI TECHNICAL DATA/DATOS TECNICOS:
Broadcast Site/Sitio:  Miami, Florida, USA
Transmitter Power/Potencia:  50,000 watts/vatios
Antenna/Antena:  Corner reflector
 Azimuth/Azimút:  160 degrees/grados
Primary Target/Blanco Principal:  Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South
America
ITU Coverage Zones/Zonas de Cobertura UIT:  10-16
Frequency/Frecuencia  9,955 kHz (31 meters/metros)

HOW TO CONTACT US/COMO CONTACTARNOS:
WRMI, P.O. Box 526852, Miami, Florida 33152 USA
Telephone/Teléfono:  (305) 267-1728
Fax:  (305) 267-9253
E-mail/Correo Electrónico:  wrmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
			**********************

                A.I.R. & RADIORAMA:
                1992 - 1997
                5th Anniversary of Pirate News

Rules

A.I.R. - Associazione Italiana Radioascolto and the editors of Radiorama
and Pirate News, on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the first
issue of
Pirate News, the monthly page of Radiorama  dealing with Pirate
stations,
have decided to devote a weekend to this particular type of DXing, from
1600 UTC of October 31st to 2400 UTC of November 2nd 1997. The
participation is open to all European DXers, even if not AIR members.

To participate it will be sufficient to listen to even only one pirate
station on any mediumwave or shortwave frequency for at least ten
minutes.
The listening log must contain:
1. all the data required for the identification, i.e. frequency (kHz),
time
    (UTC), name of the station, language, sufficient and correct
programme
    details, SINPO code;
2. equipment used, i.e. receiver, antenna and additional devices.
The complete list of all the stations heard must be sent to the
following
address not later than December 13th 1997 (the postmark will certify the
date):

Pirate News
c/o Bruno Pecolatto
via Soana 13
I-10085 Pont Canavese (TO)-ITALY
e-mail: pecolatto@xxxxxxxxx

The details reported by the competitors are very important, therefore
the
logs with insufficient information will not be accepted. Besides, for
further checks, competitors may be requested to submit the tape
recordings
of the programmes. During the listening period some monitor stations
will be working..

The participation fee, to be sent to the above-mentioned address, is
fixed
as follows:

- Italy (AIR members or not): Lit. 3.000 (three thousand), payable also
in
  Lit. 500 int stamps;
- Europe: 3 (three) IRCs.

Each competitor will receive a certificate. The prizes (some books on
yesterday's and today's free radio stations) will be drawn among all the
competitors.

A.I.R. - Associazione Italiana Radioascolto
P.O. Box 1338, 10100 Torino AD, Italy, e-mail: air@xxxxxxxxx
Radiorama, P.O. Box 873, 34100 Trieste, Italy, e-mail: radiorama@xxxxxxx
			***********************
I.B.C:

All the old listener certainly remeber this first pirate radio station
from Italy on SW; now there is an
OFFICIAL HISTORICAL SITE on the web at:
http://www.mannelli.com/ibc
IBC RADIO - ITALIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
(under construction - it's growing daily !!!)

73's and good DX

STEFANO MANNELLI
THE RADIO WEB - http://www.mannelli.com/radio
stefano@xxxxxxxxxxxx

			*******************
WWW. Site:

Cor van Soelen, a Dutch DXer has an updated list with NDBs in Europe
on Long and low Medium Wave Band. You can access on the following
address:
                  www.inter-nl.net/hcc/Cor.vanSoelen

73, Paz y DX
Jorge Garzon (Sevilla SPAIN)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4847
jgarzon@xxxxxxxxxx

			******************************
Anyone who is interested in any form of "Clandestine" trans,freqs,qsl
info,ect must check out the:

 Clandestine Radio Intel url@ gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~gringo/

 lemas

Thats it for this week.