BULLETIN/PIRATE: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME EIGHT - NUMBER FOUR

BULLETIN/PIRATE: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME EIGHT - NUMBER FOUR

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-9186.
Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
and                 http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html

			VOLUME EIGHT - NUMBER FOUR

August 24. 1997

Hello again there Dxers and Friends.

PLEASE note for those that have-not done so, our correct Email Address;
			kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Please adjust your address book, if you have not already done so.
Thanks.

Yet another week has gone by, and by all indications a very busy week
for Free Radio in Europe and the USA, but quiet here in the Pacific.

The Australian Free Radio Station "Voice of Corn People" will again be
"Testing" in the near future - more info as it comes to hand. Their
address is: 	VOCP
	c/- KIWI Radio
	P O BOX 3103
	ONEKAWA
	NAPIER
	NEW ZEALAND
Some info is available via: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Radio Jemima will now be known as Radio RJK, and they have conducted a
couple of brief 15 minute tests over the past week.
A friend of Radio RJK will also be producing programming under the name
of "Mega Radio". More details as they come to hand.
Radio RJK will still use their mailing address of 	P O BOX 16-002
							TAMATEA
							NAPIER
							NEW ZEALAND.
Meanwhile

Our own "Radio SUE" conducted a successfull tests from their own
transmitter on Monday August 18th from 03.15 - 03.30 hrs UTC and again
from 05.58 - 06.59 hrs UTC on 7475 KHz USB.
Radio SUE will be on air again Sunday August 24th from 06.00 hrs UTC,
again on 7475 KHz USB. Radio Sue will be relaying KIWI Radio at 06.30
hrs UTC.
Reception Reports are most welcome, especially as the propagation and
noise levels on the 41 MB are not so good at present.
You may Email your reception reports to Radio SUE at:
kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx
QSL cards will be sent to correct reports.

On the subject of QSLS.
HERE IS THE QSL POLICY of both KIWI Radio and Radio SUE:

ALL Reports must contain the following:

 1:	Date ( UTC / GMT )
 2:	Time ( UTC / GMT )
 3:	Correct Frequency ( KHz )
 4:	S.I.N.P.O  ( Strength, Interferance, Noise, Propagation, Overall
		        Rating ) Minimun accepted = S.I.O.
 5:	Receiver and antenna details ( Basic Only )
 6:	Receiving Location.
 7:	Programme Details ( These MUST contain a minimum of 10
	minutes programme details mentioning details and music
	played. ( Just writting - "music played, male announcer,more
	music played..." WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.In all the broadcasts
	there are plenty of  Identifications and music that is Well known
	around the World. Recordings Will be accepted and returned will
	a studio copy of what you heard.
 8:	Reports may be sent either via Email ( Electronic Mail ), or via
	normal Postal delivery services.
 9:	Reports WILL BE confirmed by Email for reports received via
	Email. ( we allow this as the sender Computor has it's own
	identification ie Email Address etc.) QSL Cards are sent to all
	mail either Email or Snail-mail. A "VERIFICATION" should NOT
	be claimed until the QSL Card has arrived, as the Email response
	serves as a "Confirmation" of reception.

					**********
On that note we would also like to add that we here at the KIWI RADIO
WEEKLY "DO-NOT" support the increasing practice of QSLing "Internet
Radio" via the WWW.
Our opinion is that to DX a station you MUST listen to the station
broadcasting VIA the Airwaves, ( Static and all ). We sometimes spend
many years trying to get a station logged, and to get it via the RADIO
is the proper way of obtaining a QSL Card / letter.
Eventually KIWI Radio and Radio SUE will be adding "Real Audio" to our
WWW pages, and WE WILL NOT verify anybody that sends us a "report"
for hearing us via Internet.We will have a process in place to weed out
any
people who try to obtain a QSL "Incorrectly", and anyone that does
attempt to do so will be notified that their name will be mentioned in
the weekly for attempting to do so. We will not allow either KIWI Radio
or
Radio Sue to be connected in "Any" way with the "undesirable" practice
of Internet QSLing. DXers have spent, (in some cases a life-time ),many
years building up the respectable solidarity that DXers have amongst
themselves, and we will not be part of  any activity that brings the
"Art" of DXing into Disrespect.

Thats all for our comment. If you have any views Please Email us you
point of veiw, You can remain "ANON" if you like, we will need your
details for our records only.  Email to:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx

Now onto other news:
				********************

For Immediate Release                         Press Release 18/08-MZMOA

                MOA SHOW ON MEDIAZOO HAILED A SUCCESS

London 18 August 1997 - The Award Winning MEDIAZOO has hailed its August
the
14th Commemoration of The Marine Offences Act (MOA) a major success.

The MediaZoo aired a special programme on 14 August to commemorate the
passing of the MOA in 1967. Throughout the show the telephone lines to
CMR,
where MediaZoo is played out, were constantly at 25 to 30 minutes delay
for
listeners trying to get through. The show received hundreds of calls on
the
night.

By the end of the show e-mails were already stacking up on the
mediazoo@xxxxxxxxx e-mails were pouring in from all over Europe and
further,
e-mails soon starting arriving from the USA. Two days after the show
letters
started arriving and many detailed that they had tuned into both the
European satellite feed of CMR and the temporary 49m band and/or 576AM
services that were loaned to the MediaZoo by the LVRTC in Latvia.

Eric Wiltsher, anchor of the show, said, "This is just beyond my wildest
dreams. MediaZoo, and before that the Satellite Surgery, has always
enjoyed
a massive/loyal audience. However, the recent MOA special produced the
best
results we have ever known".
Wiltsher added, "Although many did listen to the 49m-band and AM
service,
the vast majority of our massive audience were tuned into satellite. I
trust
that now the cynics will accept that consumers will tune into satellite
providing the programme warrants listening to".

David Rhodes, studio producer, added "The response is WILD! I'm just
blown
away. And to think we nearly didn't do the show. It was a great
experience
and I have no idea how the MediaZoo can top this one - but we always
do".

Bob Le Roi, guest presenter on the night and Programme Director of the
soon
to be launched MedwayFM, said on the night "ILR stations would love to
have
this response". He also added, "This is wild".

Mark Stafford, guest presenter on the night and Music Director of the
new
EKR station, commented, " It's been a great experience and proof people
listen to satellite".
**********************************************************************ends

Notes to editors

The MOA Special was aired on Astra channel 50, 576AM and 49m-band
short-wave.

The MediaZoo is aired every Wednesday via CMR (Astra channel 50-CNBC-
7.38/7.56) at 8.00pm through to 10.00pm UK time.

The 20th August show will be a follow up to the MOA special and it's
expected that, by telephone,some of the further away listeners, in the
USA,
will be joining in.

Extracts/Comments from listeners now available on
http:www.mediazoo.co.uk
(see section Erics Eye View)

For more information:
Eric N Wiltsher UK (0)1689 817487
Lee Williams, CMR, UK (0)1252 724891
Eric N Wiltsher
Chairman TESUG
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
* TESUG - The European Satellite User Group *
*    PO BOX 576, Orpington, Kent,BR6 9WY    *
*   Tel: UK 01227 265222 (Subscriptions)    *
*          Fax: UK 01689 602009             *
* For more details see UKGold text page 330 *
*  We recommend tuning into The Media Zoo   *
*        (CMR Astra 50-7.38/7.56)           *
*         Wednesdays at 8.00pm UK           *
////////////////////////////////////////////

NEW!!!!!!!!! http://www.mediazoo.co.uk

STOP PRESS  - MEDIAZOO NUMBER ONE
IN EUROPE FOR THE THIRD YEAR RUNNING
		************************************

Here is another info for some (at least German speaking!)
listeners !

Hello,

If you want to hear SRS-News co-editor Martin on the radio,
then tune in to MDR Sputnik via the Astra sattelite,
subcarrier 7,38 + 7,56 of MDR - Television - channel.
The time and date are 13.00-13.30 local summer time
(11.00-11.30 utc) on Saturday 23rd of August. The
show is called MDR Sputnik DX-Club and we'll
talk about DXing, QSLs and Pirates of course!
Happy listening. But take care of the music they play
at MDR Sputnik, nothing good for old dudes !
Martin Schöch                 E-mail :
schoechi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post-Box 1136
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/2594/
D-06201 Merseburg
			***********************

       The Radio Caroline RSL can be reached at the following address
during their current 28 day broadcast:

Radio Caroline, 48 High Street, Sheerness, ME12 1NL.
Tel: 01795 660273

Reports sent after the station goes off air should only be sent to:
Radio Caroline, 426 Archway Road, London N6 4JH.

Steve also said that boat trips out to the ship are being run from
the Queensborough Jetty on the Isle of Sheppey on most days, and the
price for this is about 4 pounds.

Alan.

 "A riot is a spontaneous outburst. A war is subject to advance
planning."

                                                 -  Richard M. Nixon