ADMIN (was LOG): Re: Trans-Atlantic MW DX is in

ADMIN (was LOG): Re: Trans-Atlantic MW DX is in

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
be aware that this was a boneheaded mistake, and that I've
already apologized to Risto and to the recipient of the message.
And now I ask the apologies of the rest of you.

And please learn from my mistake -- I never thought I'd do
something like this, and maybe you don't either; but PLEASE
check the To: line when you reply to a mailing list message.
It may be going out to a lot more people than you intend.

73 and best of DX to all
Jay Novello
jay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

My comment:

	That's ok Jay. I didn't mind your email at all.
	Hard-Core-DX has never tried to get any monopoly in
	email lists. More good sources there are - better it is.
	So I am advicing everyone who is interested in to
	subscribe swltalk too. You guys are doing excellent
	job keeping #swl running and swltalk being an email
	list for real time announcements and irc events.

	What comes to To:-field in replies. This list is
	configured so that the reply will go to the
	list itself, not to the original sender. It is
	difficult to say which is better but I have felt
	that if someone replies to an email on HCDX the
	reply usually should go to the list and not only
	to the original poster. So if you want to
	reply only to the original poster, PLEASE check
	the address.

	73!

	Risto, rko@xxxxxx