EQUIPMENT: Re: MFJ-1026

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

MFJ is fully aware that we will buy the unit anyway and give away the
guarantee by modifying it ourselves.  The MW DX'ers who want to buy this
device will do so now and not wait until MFJ has eventually decided to make
one.

I have exchanged emails with MFJ for some time and I'm not impressed by
their attitude.  They even failed to acknowledge my order!  Buy it
somewhere else.  It's cheaper too.  Maybe they've grown too big.

73's

Bjarne

> >Subject: Re: MFJ-1026
> >
> >Dear Sir,
> >
> >We are considering another unit that will cover MW and LW operations.
> >However, nothing is firm yet as to whether or not we will do one, or
not.

> >Thank You,
> >Jim Shurden
> >MFJ Customer Service

> =====
> >At 01:31 PM 8/23/97 +0200, you wrote:
> >>Dear Madam, Sir,
> >>
> >>There are people who would gladly buy the MFJ-1026 if it was
> >>slightly modified to fulfill their wishes, i.e. Medium Wave DX-ers
> >>or listeners suffer signal loss on the lower frequencies.
> >>Is there such a version coming on the market?
> >>Probably you will have read the extensive user's report by
> >>Mark Connelly.
> >>
> >>Hoping for some positive news, kind regards

Piet