Re: [HCDX]: Re..Re Recent MW unIDs

Hallo Jean and list:

>VOAR is religious but used to be silent at night. WOGL has 50 kw.
> I can't say for sure what either of these is, but VOAR in St. John's (10
> kW) is not silent at night (since a few years). In fact, I believe it runs
> 24 hours quite often. (I can't be sure since I never listen to the station
> and 3 attempts to phone them have just left me listening to an answering
> machine.) However, the format is unusual/unique for a Canadian station:
> syndicated American fundamentalist preaching. Thus, I would consider it
> likely that this was the religious staion that Jorge heard.
Good to know since it nearly is impossible to hear anything on 1210 in
Central Europe due to massive 1214 Virgin.

> think) the ID was "Newsradio 9-40, Wins" -- is this "Z-94" a new slogan?
We heard that slogan in Blokhus 1996/97 on our DX-pedition. This was the
WSRF Relay on 1580 with such slogans like "The Good News Station",
"weather station WINZ" or simply Z-94. I did not pick them up on 940. WINS
was good as 10-10 WINS as one of the standard stations heard.

Regards,

--
Joachim Stiller in Central Germany
editor of DSWCI's ute-shack