[HCDX]: FCC Notice

Just caught this in the morning FCC digest:

FIRST TWO AM EXPANDED BAND APPLICATIONS GRANTED TO STATIONS IN ARVADA,
COLORADO AND LAKE OSWEGO, OREGON.

Issued first two broadcast construction permits for AM expanded band
stations, granting applications  of Radio Property Venture, licensee of
KQXI(AM), Arvada Colorado and KPHP
Radio, Inc., licensee of KPHP(AM), Lake Oswego, Oregon..  Report No: MM
97-15.  MMB Contact: Peter Doyle at (202) 418-2780.

Looks like 1610-1710 kHz X-band is going to start filling up pretty soon
with new DX targets. Time for AM DX buffs to keep a close radio watch in the
new X-band spectrum.

73 to all and good DX,

Larry Van Horn
AM/FM/TV Broadcast DX Radio Forum List Owner
Grove Internet Radio Forums Manager
Milcom/AM-FM-TV DX List Owner
Tracking the Trunks/Utility World columnist
Assistant Editor Monitoring Times
Managing Editor-Satellite Times magazine

Brasstown, NC USA: 35 deg 2'46.3"N, 83 deg 56'28"W

Stop H.R. 1964/2369 or lose your right to listen to non broadcast radio!!!
-- Douglas Adams