[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME TEN - NUMBER THREE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME TEN - NUMBER THREE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-9186.
Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www.lls.se/jal/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www.lls.se/jal/links.html
and                 http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html

			VOLUME TEN - NUMBER THREE
October 19th 1997

Hello fellow friends in Radio

The ""HOT"" news today is RADIO SAN MARINO INT
- see items below -
I will most gladly be trying to hear this one, as the timing and
frequency
will allow possible reception here in New Zealand.

We here at the Weekly are currently cleaning up our "Direct" mailing
list.
If you DO-NOT want to remain on our "Direct" mailing list please
Email us with the words "UNSUBSCRIBE PLEASE", and we will
reemove your name from our Automail list.
IF you want to continue to get info etc from us DO NOTHING.

Lets get straight into the news this week :-

			***************************

RADIO SAN MARINO TO TEST:

RADIO SAN MARINO INTERNATIONAL

will be on the air tomorrow October 19th, 1997
from 7.00 or 8.00 UTC on 11.410 kHz USB
with non-stop-music test transmission.

Please send your comments to our e-mail address and visit our site
(updated in Italian only, sorry).

Thanks and good listening.

----------------------------
http://www.exactweb.com/RSMI
RSMI@xxxxxxxxxxxx

( ed Note: We may even hear it hear in New Zealand !! - I will be
trying.)
			*************************
				WAVEGUIDE

Greetings fellow shortwave listeners from Jim Frimmel of DX Computing.

I am pleased to announce that an electronic edition of my monthly
publication "WaveGuide" is now available free by E-mail to interested
subscribers.

WaveGuide is a listing of shortwave broadcasts and DX/Media programs.
It is is three parts - (1) shortwave broadcasts by UTC and UTC day with
Freq 1 representing the best heard frequency, (2) DX/Media broadcasts
 in a chronological format, and (3) DX/Media broadcasts sorted
alphabetically by program name.

WaveGuide is not cluttered up with a listing of broadcasts and
frequencies which I am unable to hear -- all entries are monitored from
my location in North Central Texas. So how can WaveGuide help you?
Listeners in other parts of North America have reported good results
when using this information.

Equipment used for monitoring is a JRC NRD-525 receiver with
KIWA MAP unit (Multiband AM Pickup) and a Drake R8 receiver.
Both receivers are computer-controlled using DX Computing's
 Macintosh software (Shortwave Navigator and Frequency Valet).
The antenna is an Alpha Delta DX-SWL Sloper feeding both receivers
 through an RF Systems coupler. An MFJ model MFJ-784 Tunable DSP
filter complements the set-up.

WaveGuide is too large to be sent via rec.radio.shortwave. When you
subscribe, it will be sent as a text file attachment to the E-mail
message. Here is a sample of the information and its format:
WaveGuide" in the subject. Your comments in the text of the message
would be welcome.

Jim Frimmel is also Program Manager for Monitoring Times Magazine.
Be sure to visit Monitoring Times' web site at <http://www.grove.net>.
Lot's of good info can be found there including Glenn Hauser's World
of Radio schedule.

Regards to all,

Jim Frimmel
frimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
			*****************

Amigos dexistas,

Eh com satisfacao que lembro aos amigos que nesta  data o DXCP comemora
o seu aniversario, e eu como um dos fundadores (muito me orgulho disto),
junto com o nosso grande amigo Samuel, de la para ca o clube cresceu
bastante, e para um pais como o Brasil, o fato de termos chegado ateh
aqui eh simplesmente fantastico, infelizmente fiquei alguns anos
afastado do clube, agora retornando com uma coluna, mas nesse
periodo o DXCP esteve muito bem nas maos de ótimos dexistas e esta ate
hoje, Samuel, Carlos Felipe, Marcelo, Motta, Rogildo,
Evandro,Valter, Felipe, Paim, Pedro, etc, etc.
Todos esses e os sócios em geral merecem comemorar muito esta data.
Nossos agradecimentos a todos que tornaram o DXCP isto que eh hoje, um
ponto de referencia 'no dx latinoamericano. Vamos comemorar ouvindo
muitas emissoras dificeis e brindando com QSLs.
Um forte 73 a todos.

Marcio R. F. Bertoldi
Caixa Postal 592
13560-970  S.Carlos SP
Brasil
cfrios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

			*******************

THE FREE RADIO SERVICE HOLLAND

Hello there,

May we remind you that the 17th birthdayparty of the Free Radio
Service Holland is going to happen this weekend.

Big show on the 19th of October... Mega-prizes... lotta crap and good
memories....

For details about this shortwave event, please take a look at:

http://home.pi.net/~freak55/home.htm

There is an updated site at our address
New thoughts and stuff...

Till then,
The crew of FRSH.
===============
Free Radio Service Holland
--------------------------
E-mail: FRSH@xxxxxx
Homepage FRSH: http://home.pi.net/~freak55/home.htm
			***********************

MORE DX INFO:

 I saw this info in the 10-16 edition of the AM DX NewsFlash re a
database of info/freqs/call signs , ect @:

      http://members.aol.com/bcblogbook/main.htm

Provided by Lee J Freshwater
Check it out......it's a good one.

Al Dudley  .. ajd@xxxxxxxxx
			**********************
    GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-17,
 Oct 16, 1997

WORLD OF RADIO TIME SHIFTS. With the end of DST Oct 26, our times on
WWCR and WGTG are expected to shift one UT hour later, but
stay on the same frequencies through November. Times on RFPI  always
stay at the same UT; 7585 has recently returned to the USB mode after
trying LSB for a couple of nights.

THIS WEEK ON WORLD OF RADIO 914. Where to find SW receivers; latest on
Sputnik replica launch; lots of special broadcasts Oct
18; thirteen new AM expanded-band authorizations; Asian DX news;
European winter schedules; and much more.

from "Glenn Hauser" <wghauser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
			**************************

LATIN AMERICAN VERI SIGNERS...

Saludos!

If you are looking for veriesigners from Latinamerica, I think that my
site
is the best! I have now included all veriesigners from my "LA QSL List",
so the site has almost 500 names! Go to

http://www.algonet.se/~mwm/dxing.htm

If you like this place and have some benefit of it, please do also
contribute with your own veriesigners from LA! If you do so, you will be
placed in the source-list and receive a lot of honour - and the best of
all; make me happy :-))

73
Nisse
mwm@xxxxxxxxxx
			**********************

PIRATE OR NOT ???

SAN MARINO . A lot of e-mail sent in last days about Radio San Marino on
shortwave from next December 20. I believe will be a pirate operation
but this is only my personal opinion so we are waiting for next
(announced) informations.
On internet there are many adresses get, here the last one
www. exactweb.com/RSMI and e-mail  RSMI@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

( Walter Mola / Gatflash n107 )

That's it until next week
Good DXing Radio San Marino Int this weekend
and Radio St Helena next weekend.

2 in a row !!

73's

Graham J Barclay