Re: [HCDX]: NEWS: JJY to go LW in 1999

At 01:14 PM 10/19/97 +0000, you wrote:
>JAPAN
>
>The Japanese Ministry of Posts and Telecommunication on Oct. 18 announced
>its decision to close down the standard time and frequency station JJY
>(2500, 5000, 8000, 10000, 15000 kHz) and replace it with a longwave station
>in 1999. There was no mention of the new frequency, power, etc. Because
>longwave travels along the ground and does not depend on ionosheric
>reflection, the time signal will be 10,000 times more accurate than its
>current shortwave counterpart. JJY is also often inaudible in western Japan
>due to severe interference from WWV, WWVH, and other time stations in
>Russia, South Korea, China, and Taiwan.
>
>Sonny

>Sonny M. Ashimori   <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Well if you don't have a current QSL card from them then better DX it now...

bratcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Record collector, 8mm, super 8, 16 and 35mm Film collector.
Looking for prerecorded reel to reel tape albums.
I like old radio's too.
Collins, Hallicrafters, National & Hammarlund are my Favorites!