Re: [HCDX]: Re: San Marino

> MBay6969@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >Did you ever have any luck with this station? I did not here in Kansas City,
> >MO.
>
> Same here, Mike, on the other side of the pond. I had no luck with San
> Marino here in Japan, 20 km west of Osaka. Chris Mackerell says he heard it
> down in New Zealand (!!!), but all I heard between 0700-0900 UTC last

Yes I did. Graham Barclay also heard the transmission here in NZ.
I must admit I never expected to here anything, and nearly
fell off my chair when I did hear the music!

I wonder what sort of antenna they were using - detailed info seems
a bit "thin on the ground". Perhaps it was a special "New Zealand beam"
or something ;-).

I've put a .wav file of part of the broadcast on my web server
here if anyone wants to hear what reception was like in NZ.

Its at http://www.owdjim.gen.nz/chris/radio/rsmi.wav but beware -
its 830k!

73s

Chris