[HCDX]: India-1566 logged in Massachusetts

[HCDX]: India-1566 logged in Massachusetts

Greetings to all.  I put in a 2 1/2 hour DX session (2222 UTC: 21 OCT
to 0052 UTC: 22 OCT) out at the salt-marsh in Rowley, MA.  A few of
the more interesting logs included Senegal-765 (heard with Switzerland
nulled), super-loud Syria-783 with a tentative 666 kHz parallel mixing
with Portugal/others, unID Arabic-sounding station on 1559 (WQEW in
phase null) similar to what European DXers have reported, and the
prize catch on 1566 which had to be AIR Nagpur, India.  At 0022 UTC,
bits and pieces of Indian-accented English talk by a woman kept
surfacing as I constantly tweaked the knobs to chase a drifty phase
null on WQEW-1560.  I recognized the words "external service", among
others.  I used the Drake R8A and the loop / whip cardioid array
with the DCP-2 Dual Controller - Phaser.

"Local-likes" included Kuwait-1548, France-1206, Croatia-1134,
Norway-1314, and a few others.

This is probably my last after-work DX outing for a while as Daylight
Savings Time ends this weekend.  The prime sunset openings over the
next few months will occur when I'm still at work, more than an hour
before any possibility of getting out to seashore DXpedition sites.
It's also starting to get rather cold.  I'll still be doing Cape Cod
weekend reports about twice a month and a few "fill ins" from home:
unfortunately the home QTH is not a DXpedition-quality site.

I've been working on a phasing unit design with MFJ-1026-like
simplicity of operation, without the intermod / overload problems
that the commercial unit has exhibited in some strong-signal areas.
The design is close to complete.  I expect to be testing it in
Harwich this weekend.

There's been quite a bit of E-mail in the "in basket" and I'll try to
respond to everyone over the next few days.

73 / good DX ... Mark Connelly, WA1ION