[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME TEN - NUMBER FOUR

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME TEN - NUMBER FOUR

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-9186.
Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www.lls.se/jal/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www.lls.se/jal/links.html
and                 http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html

			VOLUME TEN - NUMBER FOUR

October 26th 1997

Hello again to the weekly, and YES it is Radio St Helena Day on
11092.5 KHz USB from 19.00 - 23.00 Hrs UTC.
Hopefully they will be heard again here in New Zealand.!!!!

GOOD Luck to those at the 1997 AGM of the New Zealand
Radio DX League in Auckland this weekend.

Todays edition is a "thin" one -Where is the news ??

Due to this fact and other responsibilities we are considering
ending the weekly publication of the KIWI RADIO WEEKLY.
Your comments are welcome, but we DO NEED news to fill
up the Weekly  each week - NO NEWS - NO WEEKLY.

We are having real problems trying to get our password to our
www site from Geocities, as we changed it, and accidently
entered the incorrect Email address to which to NEW password
was sent.
Does anyone have any ideas how we can sort out this mess, as we
need to update our www pages.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED. - THANKS.

SOUNDWAVE FM is due to start "Normal programming on
Thursday October 30th 1997 on 100.6 MHz FM.

The ONLY other News this week -

		******************************

Radio Free London returns to the air for a three
day broadcast next week on 5805kHz, starting on Thursday
evening and going through until Sunday evening.

Friday 31st Oct

RFL's Day of the Dead Halloween special
(Four hours of music by those "who are no longer with us"
and records that feature death)

Saturday 1st Nov

Adrian Cooke ( 1hr )
Steve Chubby? ( 1hr )
Jodie ( 2hrs )

Sunday Nov 2nd

Andy Walker
(with news of yet another new SW project)
Terry Philips
Eric May
Tony Randall and friends
(lots of "camp" humor)

Make a note of our new on air e-mail address: RFLsw@xxxxxxx
and check out our web site at: http://193.63.162.100/gh/sw/RFL/htm
which features the RFL story, who's who on the station and Real Audio.

			*************************

SOUTH AMERICAN FREE RADIO SCENE GROWING:

Radio Cochiguaz on of the South American pirate station will be again on
air on 7570 kHz LSB via its own transmitter with a bcst power of around
100W. according to the following sched:

Saturday 1st of November 1997:

1900-2000 UTC Radio Cochiguaz
2200-2330 UTC Jolly Roger Radio International, Ireland

Sunday 2nd of November 1997:

0100-0200 UTC Radio Cochiguaz
0330-0430 UTC Radio Blandengue (operated by Raul Gonzalez) in his
              first day of transmission from anywhere in South America.
0600-0700 UTC Radio Blandengue
0800-0900 UTC Radio Cochiguaz

Contacts add to the stations:
Radio Cochiguaz, Casilla 2571, 1000-Buenos Aires, Argentina.
E-mail (only for receiving messages): rc@xxxxxxxxx

Jolly Roger Radio International, Box 39, Waterford, Ireland.

Radio Blandengue: contact on E-mail: radio.blandengue@xxxxxxx

Only snail mail reports verified with QSL.

			****************************

ST HELENA:

We are just hours ahead of the broadcast of the year. Those of you who
are unable to listen at home, try to find a radio amateur in the
neighbourhood who can pick up the signal for you. I think that he or she
will listen for St Helena as there will be a Ham rallye starting from 12
and last until 19 this Sunday. Operators will use the callsign ZD7RSD
and will issue a special QSLcard via the host Derek Richards (ZD7CTO).

If you don't have a chance to hear the broadcast - here are the items
you
will miss on Sunday (of course you are able to purchase recordings from
this 4 hour long broadcast):

Opening speech by The Governor MR Smallman
Information from the Tourist Office, Postal Service, Information
Service,
Citizenship Commission and Cable&Wireless.
Also visitors to the islands will be speaking to their homelands, this
includes a German Television Team the French Consul and visitors from
Solomon Islands, as weell as Lord Iveagh from ireland and an Irish bloke
speaking Gaelic.

There will be a Quiz (first prize the newest video on St Helena).

About literature - an interview will be made with Trevor Hearl (by the
way I spoke to him this Friday evening and he said there will be 4 new
books out next year dealing with St Helena) "on the air".

Also Mr Andrew Bell will be interviewed about Curnow Shipping.

Don't forget - if aren't able to listen to the broadcast you can send an
"email" direct to Dereb during broadcast (ie. between 1900-2300 UTC)

Good luck to everyone from me John Ekwall and Jan Tuner!

Thats it for now

73's

Graham J Barclay
KIWI RADIO - NEW ZEALAND