[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME ELEVEN - NUMBER ONE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME ELEVEN - NUMBER ONE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-9186.
Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www.lls.se/jal/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www.lls.se/jal/links.html
and                 http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html

			VOLUME ELEVEN - NUMBER ONE

November 2nd 1997

Hi there Friends in Radio

Another week - another Issue.
Thanks to all those that sent in their items.

We were lucky enough to hear Radio St Helena at the best level yet here
at KIWI QTH - what amazed me that we were able to "get through"
on the telephone first attempt.
We hope to make it three great receptions in three weekends,
First was Radio San Marino Int
second was Radio St Helena
what will today give us ??

Well onto other news

			*************************
RADIO 510 - SWITZERLAND via IRRS-SW - Italy:

You can now hear 5 hours of free radio every week via Radio 510
International.
Our brand new schedule reads like this:

FRIDAY   20.00 - 21.00 UTC on 3985 KHZ (NEW SHOW!)

SATURDAY   12.00 - 14.00 UTC on 7120 KHZ (REPEATS)

SUNDAY   14.00 - 16.00 UTC on 7120 KHZ (NEW SHOW
&
REPEAT)

Enjoy the shows!!
( DJ Stevie - R510 Int )
			***********************
The Great Pirate Radio Page updated:

Hi folks - I have a lot of new articles, links, schematics and handy
information about Pirate Radio if you are into that!

Check out:

http//www.mnsinc.com/bry/piralynx.htm

Let me know how you like it!

Regards - Bry

			**************************
MICROBROADCASTING - USA:

For immediate release:

National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) we, as a coalition of
Micropower Broadcasters, supporters and interested parties, make the
following statement.

By ordering its members to actively seek out and report all "pirate"
radio
activity in their respective areas the NAB is advocating a direct attack
on the free speech rights of micropower broadcasters and the communities
they serve.  Such actions are fundamentally anti-democratic and typify
the behavior of a greedy, mendacious corporate thug and bully.
To portray people and communities representing a diverse range of
viewpoints and cultures, and who merely want to have a voice, as
"pirates" is slanderous at best.  We are engaging in protected free
speech activity, not skulking around committing felonious acts.

We are faced with a broadcast regulatory structure which precludes all
but the wealthy from having a voice.  Prior to 1980 there was at least a
possibility of obtaining a class D 10 watt license.  That classification
was removed by the FCC after 10 years of intensive lobbying by the
Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) which sought to establish
regional flagship NPR stations and did not want the 10 watt stations in
their way.

Without the vast resources of either the NAB or CPB with which to
influence congressional decisions and regulatory re-structuring, our
only
option is to do what has historically been done, from the tea dumping in
Boston Harbor to current struggles for free expression and basic human
rights.

Accelerated by the passage of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the
concentration of broadcast media resources into fewer and fewer hands
has made the notion of "public service" a bad joke. It is leading to an
ever
escalating elimination of local origination.  Selling prices of
broadcast
facilities have reached astronomical levels.  For over 60 years members
of
the NAB have been allowed to make an obscene level of profit from a
public resource and trust.  In addition, in concert with government and
corporate interests, they are instrumental in either limiting or
squelching the terms of debate on a wide spectrum of issues vital to a
democratic and free society.

What are the FCC and NAB afraid of ?  In a situation of 1-50 watts
versus 10,000 to 125,000 watts it has to be something much more
fundamental than market share.  Based on statements made by the FCC it
is clear they have no thought of ever revisiting the issue of issuing
broadcast licenses for stations with less than 100 watts of power.  What
they are doing is issuing large numbers of translator licenses for
transmitters with less than 100 watts in order to import an outside
signal into a shadowed community.  In essence, they are creating a dual
standard which restricts free speech activity based upon point of origin
by denying communities the right to broadcast at less than 100 watts.

We are willing at any time to sit down with the FCC and the NAB to
discuss these issues which have profound significance for our society.
As a possible solution we propose a deregulated, low power, inexpensive
FM (and possibly AM) broadcast service.  Standing in the way of
thousands of communities having their own voice is an entrenched federal
agency serving not the public interest but corporate greed and
influence.

It is not our intent to interfere with existing broadcast services.  We
urge all micropower broadcasters to properly select frequencies, use
frequency stable transmitters, employ harmonic filtering and control
modulation levels.

Further, in closing, if the NAB continues this "seek and destroy"
agenda,
we will fight back.  Local broadcast entities who engage in a campaign
against micropower free radio stations purely on the basis of their
existence will be targeted along with their advertisers for a public
boycott.  When local businesses advertisers begin to have pickets and
leafleters on their doorstep it will become very clear to local NAB
members that their course of action is a very unwise one to pursue.  In
the court of public opinion we will prevail.

( Paul W Griffin )
			**************************
SOUTH AMERICAN FREE RADIO:

Last minute info !

For avoid the interference from Radio Norway and Radio Denmark on
7570 khz that broadcast on the same frequency of Radio Cochiguaz,
the following is the final schedule for SAm pirate activity on the
next weekend:

Radio Cochiguaz, one of the SAm pirate station will be again on the
air on 7570 khz LSB via its own transmitter with a bcst power of
around 100W, according to the following sched:

Saturday 1st of November 1997:

0300-0430 UTC Jolly Roger Radio International, Ireland
0630-0800 UTC Jolly Roger Radio International, Ireland
1900-2000 UTC Radio Cochiguaz

Sunday 2nd of November 1997:

0100-0200 UTC Radio Cochiguaz
0330-0430 UTC Radio Blandengue
0600-0700 UTC Radio Blandengue
0800-0900 UTC Radio Cochiguaz

( Anon - South America )

				************************
RADIO SAN MARINO INT:

RADIO SAN MARINO tells us their test transmission October 19th,
 1997 came indeed from San Marino and has been a great success.
Email reports came in from Italy, Germany, Belgium, Holland,
Switzerland, United Kingdom, Spain, Austria, Finland, Sweden,
Denmark, New Zealand, Australia and the United States.
The station has not published its snailmail address yet, but reports
for the station's tests can be sent to:
RSMI, c/o Play DX, Via Davanzati 8,
29158 Milano, Italy.
A numbered and detailled QSL-folder shall reward correct reports.
( 2 IRC,s or US$2 required for return postage required )

( via SRS News 1997 # 44 )

			**************************
LITHUANIAN RADIO:

NEW WEB PAGE STRUCTURE

WWW pages with information about Lithuanian broadcasters have been
moved and restructured. There are three basic pages now:
-- Radio, by company:
        http://www.is.lt/ratekona/rtv/ltu/radio-e.htm
-- FM radio, by frequency:
        http://www.is.lt/ratekona/rtv/ltu/radio-fq.htm  (under
construction)
-- TV, by company:
        http://www.is.lt/ratekona/rtv/ltu/tv-e.htm
Old URLs will still be valid, with all references to them automatically
redirected to new URLs. This will last for a couple of months, then
old URLs will be deleted.

For info on foreign brodcasting in Lithuanian, look at
http://www.is.lt/ratekona/1index-e.htm#u

SIGITAS ZILIONIS, DX Editor
Postal:  P.d. 995, LT-2300 Vilnius, Lithuania
E-mail:  dx@xxxxx
Phone:  +370-9927611       Fax:  +370-2651092
			************************
ROCK-IT RADIO:

The 1996 Pirate station "Rock-it Radio"  that was relayed by IRRS in
Milan for Europe and broadcasted from there own studios and other
locations in the United States is again experimenting with something
new.  They continue there local microbroadcasts around the town on 88.1
FM.  But can now also be heard live via real audio over web radio.
There address to be heard live stream now is http://www.palmsradio.com
then just click to the live feed icon on the page.

If you do not have real audio this web page will also tell you how to
get it.

Rock-it Radio features rare and rockin 50's music during the birth of
the
rock and roll era.

Thank you for your time,

                                     Bennie Dingo
                                     Rock-it Radio
			**************************

       GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 97-19

WORLD OF RADIO TIME CHANGE ON WWCR.
The Sunday 1000 on 3210 has been replaced by Sunday 0730 on 5070, from
next week or perhaps  already this week (Hauser)

WORLD OF RADIO ON WORLD RADIO NETWORK--correction. Last week one of the
Astra times was wrong; Sunday at 1130, not 1230 UT (Hauser)
    WORLD OF RADIO SCHEDULE, SHORT VERSION effective October 29:
    NOTE: this reflects time shifts for winter after DST is over; and
includes more changes since last posting a few days ago!

    On WWCR Nashville, Thu 2130 15685, Sat 0700 5070 AND 3210, Sat 1230
5070, Sun 0230 5070, Sun 0730 5070 [NEW; Sun 1000 3210 deleted], Mon
0400 3215, Tue 1330 15685.
    On RFPI Costa Rica: Fri 2000, Sat 0400, 1100, 1800, Sun 0200,
0900, 2300, Mon 0700, Tue 1900, Wed 0300, 1000--on 15050 AM in
1900-2400 period, 7385 2200-1200, 6970-USB 0000-1200.
    On WGTG, Georgia, UT Tue 0500 on 5085-USB. If the tape
arrives before Monday additional unscheduled times may occur,
such as UT Mon 0600 on 5085-USB or on 9400 Sat, Sun daytime. If
the tape does not arrive until Tuesday, backup time is UTC Wed at
0600 (Hauser, Oct 29)

			***************************

RADIO FREE LONDON SHORTWAVE:

Radio Free London returned to the air for a three
day broadcast  this week on 5805kHz, starting on Thursday
evening and going through until Sunday evening.

Friday 31st Oct

RFL's Day of the Dead Halloween special
(Four hours of music by those "who are no longer with us"
and records that feature death)

Saturday 1st Nov

Adrian Cooke ( 1hr )
Steve Chubby? ( 1hr )
Jodie ( 2hrs )

Sunday Nov 2nd

Andy Walker
Terry Philips
Eric May
Tony Randall and friends
(lots of "camp" humor)

Make a note of our new on air e-mail address: RFLsw@xxxxxxx
and check out our web site at: http://193.63.162.100/gh/sw/RFL/htm
which features the RFL story, who's who on the station and Real Audio.

( AW - RFLSW )
				*********************

                      K I N D    M I C R O    R A D I O
            * * *  every show broadcast live in real audio  * * *
                             www.mediadesign.net

 Kind Micro Radio is proud to announce our web site, and live continuous
real audio broadcasts.
Kind is an unliscensed broadcast station in San Marcos, TX.
Some people call us pirate radio. We'll let you decide.

  The official Kind Micro Radio homepage can be found
at 		                  			www.mediadesign.net.
There, you will find a current schedule of shows, and a link to start
your live audio connection.
As far as we know, we are the only pirate station in the U.S.
that broadcasts ALL of it's shows live over the Internet.

  In addition, another page of interest is the Dissent show's homepage.
The Dissent Show features punk/hardcore music, interviews, and political
issues. Their web site may be found at

                          www.swt.edu/~km03/dissent
                                     or
                  www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/8311

Please visit their site as well.

  Kind Micro Radio is now 6 months old, as of October, 1997. We have a
wide varitey of shows, from music to talk radio. We feature political,
feminist, Tejano, punk rock, texas folk, and many, many more shows. Give
us a try.

		        Kind Micro Radio
                            chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                             www.mediadesign.net

                              The Dissent Show
                           theslave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                     www.swt.edu/SunsetStrip/Lounge/8311

			**********************
ANTENNEX # 7

Just to let you know the November 1977 issue is now out. It's our 7th
monthly issue online and we're proud to have grown to 109 countries with
more than 33,000 visitors in 6 months! Enjoy!

...antenneX Online:
 http://www.antennex.com/

Thanks and 73, Jack
E-mail: jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice: 512.855.0250 | | Fax: 512.851.8278
P.O. Box 72022, Corpus Christi, TX 78472

				*********************
RADIO ST HELENA BROADCAST:

THANK YOU to all of you who emailed me during the broadcast. It was
really a thrill reading all those emails dropping in.
As you understand, just a few could be read as the telephone-line was
really "hot" all the time. If you remembered I asked you just to send
short messsages, well most of you did but there was also some reception
reports as well.
We are a little old-fashioned here at Radio St Helena, so when the RMS
anchors with mailbags, we act like childs - are there any letters for
me? Please, don't take this moment away from us - it's just that mail
let us remembering the broadcast a little longer.
So please, send all reception reports by snail-mail.
Greetings to all of you from me and the rest of the crew at R
St Helena "The Voice of the South Atlantic".

Derek Richards

PS. Since St Helena doesn't have any internetconnection yet, it's
not            	      possible to reach me or someone else at St Helena
through email.         	      This was a temporary occasion during the
transmission. DS.

			************************
RADIO SAN MARINO INTERNATIONAL:

Dear listeners, we are glad to inform you that the transmission
(non-stop music without announcements) of  October 19th,1997 has been a
great success !!!
You can find in our site the page with all reception reports  received
by e-mail from Italy, Germany, Belgium,The Netherlands, Switzerland,
United Kingdom, Spain, Austria, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, New Zealand,
Australia and United States.
AS WE DO NOT WANT TO PUBLICIZE OUR REAL ADDRESS YET, JUST AND ONLY FOR
THESE TEST TRANSMISSIONS WE HAVE THE HELP OF PLAY DX GROUP IN MILANO IN
ORDER TO RECEIVE BY MAIL YOUR RECEPTION REPORTS. YOU CAN SEND YOUR
CORRECT REPORTS, ACCORDING TO THE FORMALITY DESCRIBED IN OUR SITE, TO:
RSMI C/O
PLAY DX, VIA DAVANZATI 8, 20158  MILANO  (MI) ITALY.
WE REPEAT AGAIN THAT THIS IS NOT OUR ADDRESS BUT THE ONLY WAY, AT
PRESENT, TO SEND A RECEPTION REPORT TO OUR STATION, THANKS TO PLAY DX
GROUP.  YOU WILL RECEIVE FROM SAN MARINO A QSL-FOLDER FULL DETAILED AND
NUMBERED.
Here are some details about our test transmissions:
- date: October 19th, 1997 -UTC : 07.00-10.50 (and 14.45-17.05 /
20.15-23.50) - frequency 11410 kHz USB; - power 300 W (we will use for
regular broadcast 600W); - inverted-V dipole with reflector beamed 345°;
- transmission from a mobile station in the Republic of  San Marino
territory.
The next test transmission from San Marino will be on air in November;
you will receive in advance, by our mailing list, the time, date and
frequency.
We wait, also for the next broadcast, your help by sending to RSMI
reports about signal, modulation and interference. We invite you to
visit our updated site to have more news about our station. (RADIO SAN
MARINO INTERNATIONAL via e-mail : RSMI@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

( and YES we heard them here in New Zealand - Good work RSMI -
  - Ed )

Until next time

73's

Graham J Barclay