Re: R: [HCDX]: LOG: PNG/SIS/MEX 5-7 Dec 1997

Re: R: [HCDX]: LOG: PNG/SIS/MEX 5-7 Dec 1997

> About 3905, are you sure it is RRI Banda Aceh and not RRI Merauke? 1) At
> 19.00 sun is rising on eastern Indonesia so propagation helps Merauke. Banda
> Aceh is in west Indonesia and the sun rises later. 2) Merauke is on 3905 khz
> with good modulation, Banda Aceh on 3904,5 khz with bad (or not so good)
> modulation
> >
> >3905 5.12. 1905 RRI Banda Aceh.
> >3905 7.12. 1108 RRI Merauke.

Hello. Yes, I am absolutely sure. I taped clear ID's from both stations.
I can tell you that I  was surprised myself for hearing Banda Aceh at
that time. Generally, Merauke has been stronger of these two recently.

While we are at it, let me add ADDENDA to my logs:

930   7 Dec   0001    CFBC St.John NB with Oldies-promo.

73's
Jari