Re: [HCDX]: Re: Euro opening starting again?

jdstephens@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> >Is another TA opening brewing?
>
> TA reception can be enhanced with a K index of 4 (although the lower the
> value the better).  Checking the OH2BUA web page for a summary of the
> geomagnetic conditions for January 5th, the A index varied between 3 and
> 5, and the K index between 0 and 2.
>
> These values indicate it's definitely quiet enough to allow some TAs to
> cross the pond, although at least for those like you and I who aren't
> located on the U.S. East Cast, increased probability of reception should
> be from more or less mid-latitude countries (such as Spain, Portugal,
> Canaries, Italy, Saudi Arabia, etc.  Incidentally, enhanced reception of
> Saudi Arabia-1521 has been reported here in the U.S. during the last few
> days.

J. D.,

I must agree with your statements. Last night 05 Jan., Saudi Arabia was
booming in here in NJ on 1521 from 2300 to 0130 UTC, likewise, Norway
was
also present on 1314. It was S+20 for a short time around 0100 and I
even
heard it on my Sangean-909 portable with only the internal ferrite bar
antenna being used! There was also something on 1215, but couldn't make
it
out. 1512 also had some activity, however, it was just to weak to
identify,
but was probably also another Saudi Arabian station.

Hopefully conditions will continue again tonight.

Gary Wilt
NJ-USA