Re: [HCDX]: WRTH Future

<<If the WRTH is to survive I feel that it needs to have a radical face
lift..
Change the format & possibly listen to it's readers as to what they would
like
to see included.>>

Agreed.  I remember a couple of years ago there was quite a lot of
discussion and many requests for publishing WRTH in CD-ROM format.  Of
course, there's no way to accurately gauge if the percentage of people on
the Internet requesting this format corresponded to the many others who
purchase WRTH. But, I do wonder if now might be the time for something
like this - especially with the popularity of computers and the Internet
as DXing tools.

<Finally it would have been nice to hear the real reasons why Bart & Andy
  left. Credit to them though for not making it public. No doubt it would
be easy for them to let loose with their thoughts..>

I agree.  They deserve many kudos for their gentlemanly approach in this
area.

<<If the WRTH does go under for whatever reasons.. it
would be nice to see someone else pick it up.. It's too valuable a
publication
to let die.>>

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!  I thouroughly enjoy using my PC to
access the Internet for DXing information.  But, there are many times
when I want to thinmb through a reference book to find what I want.

Just my thoughts to a topic to which I'm sure many others could provide
lots of thought-provoking discussion.

73,

J.D. Stephens
jdstephens@xxxxxxxx