[HCDX]: RE: hard-core-dx V4 #405

> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:59:27 -0600
> From: Elmer David Escoto Romero <eescoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [HCDX]: R Dif Nac de Colombia ID
>
> Mauno Ritola wrote:
>
> >         Going further through my recordings (now the 28th Dec), I
> have
> > a fairly
> > clear ID on tape from the new station in Uribia on 610 kHz. After
> > "desde
> > Uribia" the announcer says something like "capital digela de
> > Colombia".
> > Mauno Ritola, e-mail: ritola@xxxxxxxxxxx

I believe this is the station I heard on car radio while driving in
South Florida, near
Fort Pierce at 1815 EST (local sunset 1745) on Sat 17 Jan. For about 5
minutes
they completely overpowered the channel including WIOD. Man spoke rapid
Spanish, but notably, the music sounded almost like from the Altiplano.
I know that
Colombia a good bet because a few minutes later RCN on 760 was
absolutely
local like (a "treat" because in Tampa we have a small-coverage local
WBDN-760
who block the channel for me at home)

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:44:39 -0600
> From: Elmer David Escoto Romero <eescoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> JAMAICA
> 720 kHz, R RJ? (couldn't hear last letter, sorry), 0620 UTC 7-Jan-98,
> (Escoto, Jan.7)

This is RJR (formerly Radio Jamaica and Redifusion). They often mention
94
in the IDs, presumably FM freq. Something like "Paradise 94" but I am
not certain
of the exact word - haven't hrd it in a while