Re: [HCDX]: Unfair DX ???

At 05:52 PM 2/11/98 +0200, you wrote:

>>"Bill Harms" <wharms@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>I also fail to understand the problem with DXing while on vacation
>>and sending out QSL reports for the receptions.  I have done it
>>myself and it is a wonderful way to pass the time for me. If someone
>>is up front about it, what difference does it make?  DXing is a
>>personal hobby when it comes right down to it, and as long as a DXer
>>is not cheating by making fraudulent loggings (Yes, I have seen some
>>fraudulent reception reports) it makes not difference to me how he
>>caught the station.
>
>>Bill
>>Bill's Ultimate TIS Digest
>>http://www.erols.com/wharms/tis
>
>That's not DXing when you are listening on vacation abroad to local stations
>and after that you'll send a listening report. It is another hobby which name I
>personally don't know, somebody could inform me about that if possible ;-)
>
>Personally I do ONLY bandscans (and only the FM ones) during while on abroad
>and inform right sources responsible for updating lists.
>There are differencies in DX-moral between many countries, that is a fact and
>always has been. Those who cheat in DX-hobby do NOT send logs to magazines.
>They will copy loggings from various DX-bulletins and then send faked "reports"
>to stations. I have even seen details copied straight from the town map (names
>of the streets, shops, telephone numbers and so on) and these will do as
>programme details.
>In most of the cases the ONLY interest for them are the stickers. Yes,
>they collect only the stickers. In many cases stations will stop answering to
>real DX-reports because they don't believe nobody after faked "send me
stickers"
>reports. Personally I would like to suggest that all those whose reports have
>been clearly seen as a faked ones should be published in a separate list in
>various DX-bulletins (WRTH could do as well).
>
>In conclusion: Those who send reports while on vacation should always mention
>that it is just a listener letter/or a report done on a local listening area
>(local AM-stations or FM).

Let me agree with the sentiments expressed above 100%.  But I don't limit
this to vacations - this also includes DXpeditions.  No station should
ever be logged or reported by any DXer/SWL from any location other than
their fixed home location.  Period.

To do otherwise makes a complete joke of the entire hobby.

73/DX

Al-K 4 G L U
Chincoteague, VA

PS: Please no whining about living in a noisy location.  There is a
    simple solution to this - move!