[HCDX]: Spanish talk on 1548

At 2340 UTC on 28 FEB, I noted a VERY STRONG station on 1548 kHz
broadcasting Spanish language talk that sounded like a political
speech.  Obviously this would not be VOA Kuwait or any of the
UK stations.

Possibly the Tindouf, Algeria station (which sometimes broadcasts
in Spanish) has moved to 1548 from 1544 to avoid heterodynes
with VOA - 1548 and Germany / Spain - 1539.  I didn't note a
signal on 1544 at the time (and that's a usually strong frequency).

Reception was from Windmill Beach in South Yarmouth (Cape Cod), MA.
Highlights of the listening session included a fairly good signal
out of Angola-1502 and bits of what sounded like AFN Azores "next
door" on 1503.  Burkina Faso - 747 was fair, Senegal-765 loud /
local-like, etc.

I have a fair amount of backed-up E-mail that I'll get to in the
next few days.  Also I've been busy trying to document some of my
new DX-enhancing antenna designs.

Mark Connelly - Billerica, MA, USA