[HCDX]: Re: [AmFmTvDx] 1640 Mystery solved

[HCDX]: Re: [AmFmTvDx] 1640 Mystery solved

Bill Hepburn wrote;

>   BTW...the unID HAR on 1640 with male voice mentions Allegany
>   County. It
> could be Allegheny County PA..but since I heard "New York" last
> night..I am assuming Allegany County NY for now until a positive ID.
> Mind you, Allegheny County is bigger population wise (with
> Pittsburgh et al)...so we'll have to still plug away at this one.
> Greg Coniglio..Can you hear this one in Buffalo?

Bill,

	 I found the following information about a new set of six
transmitters licensed to the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission to
operate on 1640 kHz. Their call is WPKX724 .

County         Town        Exact location
----------  -------------  ---------------
Chester     Lionville      3185 FT ESE OF I76 RT 100
Montgomery  Valley Forge   1.7 MI W OF I76 US 422
Montgomery  Norristown     AT I276 RT 9
Montgomery  Hatboro        AT I276 Easton RD
Montgomery  Kulpsville     AT PENN NE TPKE KULPSVILLE RD
Bucks       Calico Corner  AT I276 LINCOLN HWY

Also on 1640: WPKX735 Santa Monica, CA
              WPKA209 Irvine City, CA
              WPLR660 Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, TX
              WPLS956Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD

WPLR660 is 60 watts, all other stations are 10 watts.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, MD