Re: [HCDX]: Sahara now 1550 (ex 1548/1544)

Re: [HCDX]: Sahara now 1550 (ex 1548/1544)

El 04 Mar 98 09:33:00 EST,
dave_kenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió sobre [HCDX]: Sahara now 1550 (ex
1548/1544):
> Form: Reply
> Text: (13 lines follow)
> Last night 3 March BBCM observed National Radio of the Saharan Arab
> Democratic Republic on 1550.0 kHz signing off at 0000 UTC, There was
> accompanying bubble jamming, presumably from Morocco. Incidentally, we now
> believe this station is transmitting from Bir Lehlu, which is actually in
> Western Sahara itself (rather than Tindouf, Algeria which was assumed in the
> past). There is a nice picture of the transmitting mast on the SADR web
> site. Bir Lehlu is about 200 km south west of Tindouf, in a part of Western
> Sahara still controlled by the Saharan people (Polisario Front).

Maybe, but a HAM friend visited the camps of refugees in the Tindouf area some
years ago finding a 50 KW Harris fixed tx. (nothing on a truck or easily
transportable) for its transmissions on MW.

73's

Mauricio Molano
Salamanca
Spain.