[HCDX]: Open carrier-Voice of Turkey 9445

[HCDX]: Open carrier-Voice of Turkey 9445

Tuesday at 0343, I happened to be tuning around and on 9445, one of
Voice of Turkey's primary freqs. in Turkish, there was nothing but an
open carrier. Here in NE USA the signal was very strong, a 5 all around,
and every once in awhile I heard what sounding like talking in the
background. Abruptly at 0454 the IS came on followed by station ID and
national anthem. Anybody know what was going on?