[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIXTEEN - NUMBER ONE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIXTEEN - NUMBER ONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 64
		VOLUME   SIXTEEN - NUMBER ONE

APRIL 5th 1998

Hi there Dxer's and Free Radio Fans.

Here is this weeks edition for your reading enjoyment.

We are still looking for more items of interest, so if you have any
please send them to us ( you can remain ANON if you wish, all we need is
your details for our records only, so that we know that the information
etc supplied is real, and not untrue.).

On another note, it has come to our attention that some people who have
heard "SOUTHERN MUSIC RADIO - SMR" have thought that it is connected
with "KIWI RADIO".
We are NOT connected with SMR, except for the times that information amd
advice is shared between us.
The operator of SMR and I are good friends in the interest of Free Radio
and Micro-broadcasting so if you are one of the rare few that know his
private address PLEASE DO NOT SEND MAIL TO IT. His correct
"Postal" address is: SMR, P O Box 1212, Dunedin, New Zealand.

Now onto items seen this past week:

			**********************

	FREE RADIO CONTEST:

During Easter, Pirate Connection and SRS News will arrange
a Free Radio Contest with an impressive line-up of stations from
both the past and present. Among the highlights are:

* Two one-off revival stations from the 70's - both legendary stations!!

* Another station from the 70's but still active!
* A one-off broadcast from a Finnish pirate
* A US-pirate on 6955 kHz

In order to participate, send your registration to stpr@xxxxxxx or
PirateConnection@xxxxxxxx before Thursday April 9th and then
send the registration fee $5 or SEK40 to the following address:
Pirate Connection, P.O. Box 4580, 203 20 Malmö, Sweden

If you're not convinced yet, then have a look on the first 4 prizes:
1. Loop antenna for 48 and 76 metres (built by Radio Torenvalk)
2. Vogelfreies Radio (German Free Radio history by Björn Quäck)
3. Annual subscription of SRS News
4. Annual subscription of Pirate Connection

This is an opportunity you must not miss!
For more information, see our home-page: http://www.lls.se/~jal/pc.

Yours in Free Radio
Stefan Printz
stpr@xxxxxxx
PirateConnection@xxxxxxxx
			**********************

 		 NORDIC SW CENTER URL

The correct site is:   http://swl.sydsvenskan.se/

73's  Finn Krone
<finn.krone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

			*************************

		THE FREE RADIO SERVICE HOLLAND:

Next Sunday April 5th FRS-Holland will hit the airwaves with a 4+ hour
broadcast on 5815 kHz and hopefully also on 7315 or 7333 kHz.
In the mean time both txs have been tested, especially the modulation
quality has been looked after. The results are very promising!
Official trms start at 08.52 UTC but we are hoping to be on air at
approx. 07.30 UTC. We can give no guarantee that 41 is also on but with
a little luck....

Most likely there will be short tests on Saturday afternoon after the
aerials have been erected. We also aim at putting out one hour of
testing
on or close to 5815 on Sat evening at 22.00 UTC which is 00.00 CEST on
Sunday April 5th.

Reception reports are highly appreciated, it's the first time we are
using
our equipment on 51 metres making us very curious how results will be.
Remember: Email reports are welcomed and consequently replied via the
Internet. Reports via POBox 2727 in 6049 ZG Herten are replied with a
QSL, info and a sticker provided sufficient return postage is enclosed:
two US dollars, 2 IRC's, 3 German one Mark or 3 Dutch one guilder
stamps.
All the best and good DXing next Sunday.

Here is some more info on our upcomming transmission at the 5th of
April:
<UTC>

07:52: opening
08:02: FRS magazine
09:00: Rock across Europe; Vitamine "Z"
09:45: FRS goes dx; latest info !
10:30: The Short Shortwave Parade; yours and ours musical ideas
11:30: FRS Golden Show; memeries from the 60's and 70's
12:00: Close down

Frequency will be 5815 kHz and prob. a second outlet on 7315 kHz.,
or: between 7300 - 7400 kHz.

73's, FRSH crew

E-mail:        FRSH@xxxxxx
Homepage FRSH: http://home.pi.net/~freak55/home.htm
Post address:  FRS-H PO box 2727 6049ZG Herten / The Netherlands
			************************

CLANDESTINE RADIO WATCH

If you are interested in this field of radio activity, please feel
free to write to one of us. Your contributions are highly welcome
since we won't go on repeating what other mags already printed.
Regular contributors to CRW will receive it direct via E-mail, all
others can read it for free via the internet.

Clandestine Radio Watch (CRW) is a biweekly report which centralizes
the latest news and developments affecting the study of clandestine
radio in an easy-to-read format. Editions are published around 2000
UTC Thursdays through e-mail and are posted on the two web pages given
below within 24 hours.

We welcome your contributions, input and support. Logs, QSL
verification info, as well as background material can be sent to
either of CRW's editors:

Nick Grace C.   : yb0rmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Martin Schoech  : schoech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CRW can also be accessed on-line at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/2594/geo-cla.htm
and soon to be mirrored on the Clandestine Radio Intel web:
http://www.qsl.net/yb0rmi/cland.htm

( via SRS News )
			**********************************

THE NEXT SHORTWAVE RELAY SERVICE BROADCAST:

  - Sunday April 5th, 1998
with Con Frequencia, Crazy Wave Radio and Radio Marabu
- on 11.515 kHz USB
08.00-10.00 UTC

- Sunday April 12th, 1998
with Radio Blandengue, Con Frequencia and Crazy Wave Radio
- on 11.515 kHz USB
08.00-10.00 UTC

- Monday April 13th, 1998
with Radio Silver, Con Frequencia and Crazy Wave Radio
- on 11.515 kHz USB
07.00-10.00 UTC

The reception reports are welcome to the following address:
SWRS, Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - GERMANY, or by e-mail.
Good listening.
Steve, SWRS

SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilities for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568
			************************

PIRATES?

Plenty of 'em this week...NERW's loyal listeners in the Lawrence area
are still hearing Spanish-language signals on 1620 and 1700 kHz.
In Groton, we're told the "WZEB" on 100.1 emanates from the
prep school there.  And there's an 89.3 being heard in the Mission
Hill neighborhood of Boston.

(via NERW 4/2/98)
			**************************

RADIO FREE LONDON SHORTWAVE:

Radio Free London have at last got it together with
our long planned test with high power.

We are now transmitting on 5805kHz in the 51m/b using a power
of approx: 250 watts.

Let us know of signal reading and what the mod sounds like at:
RFLsw@xxxxxxx

This weekends line up:

Eric May (1hr) - (Indie music with oldies)

Terry Philips (30 mins) - (the oldies swinger on the radio)

Andy Walker (30 mins) - (with radio news including "Which
former      		                             pirate radio boss  was jailed
on Thursday??
                                        and what former satellite radio
station is selling      				      it's studio equipment???)

Jodie (1hr) - (Latest album rock releases)

Tony Randall (1hr) - (the funniest programme on pirate radio)

As usual RFL plans to be on the air next week throughout
the four day Easter Weekend Friday-Monday

Thanks..........AW

Snail mail: RFL, BP 130, 92504 Rueil, Cedex, France.
Email: RFLsw@xxxxxxx
Check out the RFL web site at: http://193.63.162.100/gh/sw/RFL.htm
			******************

DX PROGRAMMES hosted by Paul Ormandy, Oamaru, New Zealand>

Email: <paulorm@xxxxxxxx>

Join me for the latest tuning tips for the South Pacific on Radio New
Zealand International during "Mailbox", fortnightly broadcasts,
Monday 0430z on 17675kHz and 1130z on 9795kHz, repeated the following
Thursday 0830z on 9795kHz and Friday at 1930z on 11735kHz.

Next Broadcasts: Starting Mondays,  April 13th and 27th,
repeated on following days as above.

And on AWR's "Wavescan" commencing the third Sunday of the month,
repeated at 0700z on ZLXA Print Disabled Radio the first Monday of the
month, on 1602kHz, 3935kHz and 5960kHz alternate 7290kHz.
			********************

PIRATE ADDRESSES NEEDED PLEASE:

Recently I have been lucky enough to hear the following pirate stations
and am hoping someone out there can help me with addresses:

1 ) - Voice of the Daleks
2 ) - Radio FDR
3 ) - Radio Caliente

73s

Paul Ormandy
33 Greta Street, Oamaru, New Zealand
Email: <paulorm@xxxxxxxx>
			***********************

OTHER ITEMS:

		NEW RELAYS FROM MEYERTON:

New - from Meyerton - AWR and RTE

ADVENTIST WORLD RADIO

Somali
0330-0400     6100    East Africa
1630-1700   15620    East Africa

English
0500-0530     6000    Southern Africa
0500-0530     6100    Southern Africa
1730-1800   12130    East Africa
1800-1830     3390    Southern Africa
1800-1830     3345    Southern Africa
2030-2100     9745    Central Africa

Swahili
1700-1730   12130    East Africa

French
2000-2030    9745    Central/East Africa

RTE (Wednesdays only)

1500-1550   15165   Central/East Africa

Here are the frequencies for Channel Africa's broadcasts to Africa, and
Radio Sonder Grense (domestic service), effective from Sunday 29th March
1998.

All times quoted are UTC;  all frequencies kilohertz

CHANNEL AFRICA

English
0300-0330    5955    East & Central Africa
0400-0430    5955    Southern Africa
0500-0530    9525    West Africa
0600-0630   11900   West Africa
1300-1455   17675   West Africa *
1300-1455   17870   East & Central Africa *
1300-1455    9445    Southern Africa *
1500-1530    9445    East & Central Africa
1600-1625    6000    Southern Africa
1700-1730   15240   West Africa
1800-1830   15240   West Africa

French
0330-0400    5955    Madagascar
0430-0455    9525    Central Africa
1530-1555    9445    Madagascar
1630-1655   11900   East & Central Africa
1830-1855   15240   West Africa

Portuguese
0430-0455    5955    Northern Mozambique
0430-0455    3345    Southern Mozambique
0530-0555    9525    Angola
0630-0655   11900   Angola & West Africa
1630-1655    9445    Northern Mozambique
1630-1655    3345    Southern Mozambique
1730-1755   15240   Angola & West Africa

Swahili
0300-0325    6000    East & Central Africa
1500-1530   11900   East & Central Africa
1600-1630   11900   East & Central Africa

*  Saturdays and Sundays only

RADIO SONDER GRENSE (domestic service)

0000-0530    3320
0530-0800    6000