[HCDX]: KWZ 30

Fabrizio Magrone wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I understand that a test of the Kneisner & Doering KWZ30 HF DSP receiver was
> published on a recent issue of Shortwave Bulletin. Could someone of our
> Scandinavian friends post a summary of that test, or does anyone have a direct
> experience of this receiver? TIA.
>
> 73
>
> Fabrizio

Hello Fabrizio

Well I've a KWZ30 since one year. I have a Rhode & Schwartz HE 011 and a
DX-one Prof. antenna - they are 4 meters above my roof-,longwire, Quad,
Kiwa Magnetic Loop. My QTH is countryside - not many man-made-noise.
Many receivers R&Sch EK 07, NRD 525/535DG, Plessey 2260, Drake R-4B/SPR4,
Lowe etc,  are of my own.

KWZ 30:First I was not very delighted. There were many frequencies on
the wrong place (mirror-freq.?) Kneisner & Doering changed the ROM to a
newer version. And now it's ok. The Noise-Reduction is not so good as I
expected. To have a good Noise-Reduction I use a Timewave DSP-9+. The
Notchfilter is very excellent!! The lot of bandwidth-filters are good
and they are very usefull. The display has many possibilities and you have
the chance to modify your "own" display. That's only a question of
getting used to it - and I love it!.
The design and handling of the receiver: You love it or you hate it.

DXing: KWZ 30 next to NRD 535DG are my first choice.

Very 73s
Werner Glorius