[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SEVENTEEN - NUMBER FIVE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SEVENTEEN - NUMBER FIVE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 72
		VOLUME    SEVENTEEN - NUMBER FIVE

May 31st 1998

Hello Again and welcome to this weeks edition of the KRW. We have some
items that don't usually appear in the KRW as  shown below:

We are asking if anyone is having trouble with the "Real Audio" on our
main WWW site page, if so please let us know.

Our legal FM operation "SOUNDWAVE FM" added the frequency of 88.4 MHz to
its 100.2 MHz frequency on May 23rd 1998, and after some problems we got
it working well, so now it operates as;

		88.4 & 100.2 SOUNDWAVE FM - Napier

if you operate a station and want FREE airtime via SOUNDWAVE FM
please contact me at: <kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

KIWI Radio did it's voice tests on Saturday May 30th 1998 on 7475 KHz
USB alturnating between wide and narrow modes. Tests started at 07.45
and finished at 08.04 UTC.

Results will be posted soon.

Both KIWI Radio and the ONLY other Free Radio station with a transmitter
"Radio Sue" will be conducting various tests over the next few weeks.
Details will be announce in the KRW.

Onto other news items:

			*****************

		ISRAELI PLAGUE OF PIRATES :

A survey conducted by the Second Radio and Television Authority in 1997
discovered 115 Pirate Radio stations operating in Israel.

According to the Authority, 55 of the Illegal stations are general
commercial stations, 20 target Arabic-speakers and are 40 ultra-Orthodox
stations. Many of the stations reportedly are supported by political
groups.

An official from the Ministry of Communications said that while 54
Pirate Stations were closed in 1996, They Re-opened quickly.

			================

			WELCOME PIRATES:

The Goildern days of Radio Pirates are returning to the Netherlands, but
this time they are Legal.

The Ministry of Communications released 20 local FM licenses, which are
available to any station able to assemble a decent business plan.

These frequencies were made available to meet the needs of radio
broadcasters dissatisfied with the result of the recent frequency
reallocation for commercial stations.

With the 20 new frequencies, the days of the small stations are
returning to the Netherlands. Stations that have thus far shown interest
in the available frequencies include "Rebeca Radio", "Sun FM" and "8FM".

These stations which target younger listeners, did not win a national
frequency in the recent FM reallocation.

			=====================

		RADIO VERONICA MOVES TO FM:

Hitradio Veronica inaugurated its new FM network on 1 January 1998.

Veronica, which previously broadcast on the medium wave at 1224 kHz sold
its AM channel to Quality Radio.
Quality Radio intends to move the old Veronica transmitter from the
former Offshore Ship the Communicator to a land-based facilaty.

Veronica gave its other channel, 828 kHz, transmitting from a 5 kW
transmitter near Rotterdam, to Arrow Classic Rock, a broadcaster based
in The Hague.

( the above Three (3) items via Radio World Vol 22, # 10 - May 13,98 )

			****************************

NEW ZEALAND RADIO FREQUENCY AUCTION:

The Internet-Based bidding system used by the Ministry of Commerce
during the last auction of radio frequencies is to be simplified in
preparation for a major auction later this year when as many as 2,000
licences are expected to go under the hammer.

The Ministry has yet to confirm the official starting date for the
auction but it is expected to be held in late August or early September.

The last auction, the First of its kind in the World, drew general
approval from those who took part.

(  via Median Strip # 54 - May 1998 )

[ Editor's Note: I wonder how and "if" it will affect the current
frequencies of 88.4 MHz and 100.2 MHz used by our Legal FM station
SOUNDWAVE FM - time will give us an answer.]

			***********************

				SWRS:

Please remember our coming test on 22 m.b., from a new transmitting
site, as follows:

- Friday May 29th, 1998
- on 13.960 kHz USB -  21.00-24.00 UTC

- Saturday May 30th, 1998
- on 13.960 kHz USB -  06.00-14.00 UTC

(NO REGULAR BROADCAST ON SUNDAY MAY 31st)

It's possible that the broadcasts starting a little bit before the
scheduled time !
We expect your help by sending reception conditions at:
swrs@xxxxxxx .

We inform that our big family is growing !
With SWRS RADIO, CON FREQUENCIA, CRAZY WAVE RADIO, PLAY DX MUSIC, RADIO
BLANDENGUE, RADIO MARABU and RADIO SILVER.
>From June we have the new relay of the following free radio stations:
RADIO STRIKE, KIWI RADIO, DARK PAMPA RADIO and ERA 5 PATRA !!
Please check our home page for details and shedule.

Good listening.
Steve, SWRS.

SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilities for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568

			**************************

			RADIO 510 INTERNATIONAL:

  STATION            DATE        TIME           FREQ

Radio Marabu       30.05.98     11.00 UTC      7120 KHZ

Radio Blast Off    30.05.98     12.00 UTC      7120 Khz

If you like Genesis,then this is the show for you!! Lots of
excellent music and cool interviews with the NEW band members.
Check out the interview with Headcrash as well.

To all our listeners in the USA,Canada and worldwide,this is
our weekly schedule.All times are UTC:

Friday     at 20.00 on 3955 Khz (Test)

Saturday   at 11.00 on 7120 Khz

Saturday   at 12.00 on 7120 Khz

Saturday   at 18.00 on 3985 Khz (Repeat)

Saturday   at 19.00 on 3985 Khz (Repeat)

Saturday   at 20.00 on 3955 Khz (Test)

Sunday     at 13.00 on 7120 Khz (Random Repeat)

Sunday     at 14.00 on 7120 Khz (Random Repeat)

			***************************

			SOUTH AMERICAN PIRATES:

-Times UTC

*Radio Cochiguaz will be active again with his pirate activity on the
 next weekend 6 and 7 June 1998 with a 1/2 wave V inverted dipole
 antenna on LSB mode relaying some free radio stations from somewhere
 here in South America.

-On Sat 6 June 1998

 6980 khz LSB   2345(Fri)-0045  Star Club Radio
 6950 khz LSB   0100-0200       Voice of South Dublin
                0215-0315       Radio Marabu
                0330-0430       Star Club Radio

-On Sun 7 June 1998

 6980 khz LSB   2000-2100       Star Club Radio
                2115-2215       Radio Marabu
                2230-2330       Voice of South Dublin
                2345-0045 (Mon) Radio Marabu

Email: radio.cochiguaz@xxxxxxx  &   rc@xxxxxxxxx