[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME EIGHTEEN - NUMBER THREE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME EIGHTEEN - NUMBER THREE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 75
		VOLUME    EIGHTEEN - NUMBER THREE

June 21st 1998

Hello again Radio Friends.

RADIO SUE & KIWI RADIO ARE PLANNING SPECIAL BROADCASTS IN THE NEAR
FUTURE. More info soon.

Onto Other news recieved this week:

				*******************

			SHORTWAVE RELAY SERVICE

This is the schedule for the next great "SPECIAL SUMMER SHOW" week-end
on June 20/21 and for long test week-end on June 26/27/28 !!

Try to listen to SWRS around the World !!!

- Saturday/Sunday June 20th/21st, 1998
"SPECIAL SUMMER SHOW" with all free radio stations !
FROM SATURDAY AT 18.00 UTC TO SUNDAY AT 06.00 UTC
- on 7.590 kHz (alt. 7.480 kHz) USB
- on 11.470 khz (alt. 11.515 kHz) USB
- on 13.960 kHz USB
ON SUNDAY AT 06.00-14.00 UTC
- on 7.480 kHz (alt. 7.590 kHz) AM
- on 11.515 khz (alt. 11.470 kHz) USB
- on 13.960 kHz USB
SPECIAL SUMMER SHOW - PROVISIONAL SCHEDULE
on 7.590/11.470/13.960 kHz (Sat)
18.00-19.00 RADIO MARABU (German/English)
19.00-19.30 SWRS RADIO (English)
19.30-20.00 RADIO FARANDULA POPAYAN (Spanish)
20.00-20.30 ERA 5 PATRA (Greek/Italian)
20.30-21.00 CON FREQUENCIA (Spanish)
21.00-22.00 CRAZY WAVE RADIO (English/German)
on 7.590/11.470/13.960 kHz (Sat-Sun)
22.00-06.00
2 H. PROGRAM REPEATED 4 TIMES WITH:
- 30 MIN. RADIO SILVER (Italian)
- 30 MIN. DARK PAMPA RADIO (Spanish/English)
- 30 MIN. SWRS RADIO (English)
- 30 MIN. CRAZY WAVE RADIO (English/German)
on 7.480/11.515/13.960 kHz (Sun)
06.00-06.45 RADIO BLANDENGUE (Spanish/English/Italian)
06.45-07.00 SWRS RADIO (French)
07.00-07.30 RADIO FARANDULA POPAYAN (Spanish)
07.30-08.00 RADIO SILVER (Italian)
08.00-08.30 on 7.480 kHz PLAY DX MUSIC (Italian)
08.00-08.30 on 11.515/13.960 kHz SWRS RADIO (English)
08.30-09.00 DARK PAMPA RADIO (Spanish/English)
09.00-09.30 on 7.480 kHz CON FREQUENCIA (Spanish)
09.00-09.30 on 11.515/13.960 kHz RADIO SILVER (Italian)
09.30-10.00 ERA 5 PATRA (Greek/Italian)
10.00-10.30 PLAY DX MUSIC (Italian)
10.30-11.00 SWRS RADIO (English)
11.00-12.00 RADIO MARABU (German/English)
12.00-12.30 DARK PAMPA RADIO (Spanish/English)
12.30-13.00 CRAZY WAVE RADIO (German/English)
13.00-13.30 CON FREQUENCIA (Spanish)
13.30-13.45 SWRS RADIO (French)
13.45-14.00 SWRS RADIO (English)

- Friday/Saturday/Sunday June 26th/27th/28th, 1998
testing new site
- on 13.960 kHz USB
- 20.00-24.00 UTC on Friday
- 06.00-24.00 UTC on Saturday
- 06.00-12.00 UTC on Sunday

SUMMER HOLIDAYS
On JULY and AUGUST only occasional broadcast We'll come back regularly
on August 21/22/23

*********************************

SWRS offers free spaces during II° CONTEST EUROPIRATE
"MEMORIAL MICHEL RAVIGNEAUX" 18 December 1998 - 6 January 1999. MORE
NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE !!!

*********************************

The reception reports are welcome to one of the following address:

SWRS - SWRS RADIO
address : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - GERMANY
e-mail : swrs@xxxxxxx
Confirmation policy: QSL by snail-mail against snail-mail report -
please include 1USD for postal charges.

CON FREQUENCIA
address : C.C. 950 - 2000 Rosario - ARGENTINA
e-mail : Sol@xxxxxxxxxxx
Confirmation policy: QSL by snail-mail against snail-mail report -
please include 2 IRC/USD for postal charges.

CRAZY WAVE RADIO
address : GERMANY
e-mail : crazywave@xxxxxxx
Confirmation policy: QSL by e-mail.

DARK PAMPA RADIO
address : Casilla 5251 - 1000 Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA
Confirmation policy: by QSL - please include 2 IRC/USD for postal
charges.

ERA 5 PATRA
address :
c/o Harry Coressi - Efpadamou 11 - 26331 Patras - GREECE
Confirmation policy: by letter - please include 2 IRC for postal
charges.

PLAY DX MUSIC
address : Via Davanzati 8 - 20158 Milan - ITALY
e-mail : playdx@xxxxxxxxxxx
Confirmation policy: QSL by snail-mail against snail-mail report -
please include 1USD for postal charges.

RADIO BLANDENGUE
address : Box 293 - Merlin - Ontario NOP 1WO - CANADA
address : Casilla 2571 - 1000 Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA
e-mail : radio.blandengue@xxxxxxx
Confirmation policy: QSL by snail-mail against snail-mail report -
please include 3 IRC/USD for postal charges.

RADIO FARANDULA POPAYAN
address :
c/o Y. H. Gaviria - Apartado 8561 - Cali - COLOMBIA
Confirmation policy: by letter - please include 2 IRC for postal
charges.

RADIO MARABU
address : P.O. Box 1166 - 49187 Belm - GERMANY
e-mail : RadioMarabu@xxxxxxxxxxx
ULR: http://www.mediaDD.de/radiomarabu/
Confirmation policy: QSL by snail-mail against snail-mail report -
please include 2 IRC/USD for postal charges.

RADIO SILVER "Only Rock'n'Roll"
address : c/o Play DX - Via Davanzati 8 - 20158 Milan - ITALY
e-mail : radiosilver@xxxxxxx
Confirmation policy: QSL by e-mail against e-mail report, by snail-mail
against snail-mail report - please include 1USD for postal charges.

GOOD LISTENING TO YOU ALL !!!!
We hope to have with us also Kiwi Radio, NZ !!

Steve, SWRS.

SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilities for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568

				********************

			ANDINO RELAY SERVICE

We are the ANDINO RELAY SERVICE, a free and true pirate service
open to all free stations.

The beginning of our activities had born on Feb 8, 1998 operating on
6965L khz, but up to now, we have been inactives.

Our equipment is a SSB transmitter of 100 watts outpower with a
dipole antenna covering some S.Am. countries. We are in a secret
location near to the beautiful and majestic Andes.

Through this message, we take advantage of invite to all free stations
for to realize some free relays through our txr, we will appreciate
very much to receive programmes of 60 or 45 minutes, may be talked in
English,German or Spanish or mixed, not problem, but the more important,
is to mention your postal address very clear and slowly for a best
understand of the message by our listeners.

For to receive letters & tapes, by secutiry reasons, please use our
contact address that is located in a S.Am. country:

ARS
Casilla 2571
1000 Buenos Aires
Argentina

from there our correspondent send us through a fast & short way your
letters.

Presently, we will make our transmissions on the S.Am.43m pirate band on
the freqs. of 6935.2L, 6965.0L and 6973.0L khz.

We will resume our activities testing our equipment with a programme
of typical andean sounds on next Fri 19 June 1998 on the frequency of
6973L khz at 2200-0000 UTC, and we will repeat the same on the next week
at other UTC times.

All reception reports received by snail mail will be confirmed with a
full data QSL-card, 2 IRC will be appreciated for the postal fees.

I wish you a happy pirate DX!

Pachakuti
ARS

EMAIL: arssw@xxxxxxx
				******************

*** Transmission from FRS-H at the 21st of June 1998 ***

The line-up of this coming Sunday:

* 07:52 opening and ID's
* 08:02 FRS magazine; news about the FRS-H activities
* 08:45 The German Show
* 09:30 FRS-H goes DX, news, news, news....
* 10:15 The Short Shortwave parade; your votes and FReSH music on SW !

(all times are in UTC; frequency within the 48 mb)

During this transmission 6 people are mentioned who wrote in to us.
If you can give time and details about you heararing yourself on air,
you win yourself a tape from our Productions catalogue !

FRS-H newsletter nr. 18 is out now !!
Look for details at our site, or, order a sample copy for:

GB pounds 1.00 / Dfl. 3.00 / US $ 2.00

The site:
=======

Our links-page is updated, more suggestions are still very welcome !
The Alternative Thoughts column is back !!!!

"The balance of music and information to Europe"

E-mail: peter.verbruggen@xxxxxx
or: freak55@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.gironet.nl/home/freak55/home.htm

po-box 2727
6049ZG Herten
Holland

FRS-H ** The quality-one on SW **
				************************

			FREE RADIO BERKLEY:

 Posted at 6:29 a.m. PDT Wednesday, June 17, 1998

                 Judge lets FCC shut down `Free Radio Berkeley'
                           OAKLAND, Calif. (AP)

-- A federal judge has allowed the government to shut
down                              ``Free Radio Berkeley,'' the
unlicensed low-power broadcaster, for operating without a license.

U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken declined to rule Tuesday on most of
Stephen Dunifer's free-speech challenges to Federal Communications
Commission restrictions  because Dunifer never applied for an FCC
license.
She rejected Dunifer's argument that federal law fails to set standards
for the FCC's decisions on licensing so-called
microbroadcasters.                              Dunifer, who founded his
50-watt FM station in 1993, is a lifelong leftist political  activist
whose motto is ``Let a thousand transmitters bloom.''

His Internet Web site says the station is a `part of an ever-growing
micropower broadcasting movement to liberate the airwaves and break the
corporate broadcast media's stranglehold on the free flow of news,
information, ideas, cultural and artistic creativity.''

He has sold hundreds of inexpensive kits that let fellow radio rebels
transmit in a radius of five to 15 miles. Dunifer and his colleagues
say the tens of thousands of dollars  needed for a license application,
and the hundreds of thousands needed to open a station, excludes all but
the rich.
The FCC considers such operations an invitation to chaos on the
airwaves.
It first tried to shut Dunifer down in 1995 and has sought
fines of up to $20,000. Until now, Wilken  had let him stay on the air
while she considered his claims that the government was violating free
speech and exceeding its legal authority to regulate in the public
interest.
But in Tuesday's ruling, Wilken said Dunifer was not entitled to
challenge the FCC's regulations on licensing low-power broadcasters
because he had never applied for a  license or a waiver from licensing
requirements.                              Rejecting his claim that an
application would be futile, Wilken said a previous ruling showed that
the FCC had granted two waivers to
broadcasters with less than 100 watts  of power. She also said the FCC
had the authority to consider Dunifer's constitutional claims and would
have to do so if he applied for a license. A denial could be appealed in
court.
The judge said Dunifer himself acknowledged that requiring licenses for
small  broadcasters was ``necessary and
constitutional.''                              ``Even with advanced
technology, not all micro radio stations could broadcast without
causing interference with other radio stations,'' Wilken
said.
Dunifer could not be reached for comment. Alan Korn, one of his lawyers,
declined  comment, saying he had not seen the ruling.

robert.wien@xxxxxxxx

				******************

					RADIO SILVER

News from FreeWaves Web - The First Italina Pirate Radio Site ! -

On FreeWaves is online the new Radio Silver Home page with a lot
of information and three jingle sound (both real audio and .wav file).
Radio Silver broadcast Rock & Roll program relayed by SWRS every
weekend. The Freewaves url is : http://www.alpcom.it/hamradio/freewaves

				***********************

 				RADIO FREE LONDON

5805kHz Saturday night,and all day Sunday.

This weekends line up:

 Terry Philips
 (The Spinner with the Zimmer with more Golden Oldies)

 Andy Walker's "Free Radio Show" (The Final One)
 (Old pirate Recordings, Rare Records and Free Radio News)

 Kenny Myers (Classic Rock and Heavy Tunes)

 Tony Randall (All the usual camp fun with the Happy-Homo
 and Friends!)

Snail mail: RFL, 101B, Kings Cross Road, London, WC1X9LP
or RFL, BP 130, 92504 Rueil, Cedex, France.
Email: RFLsw@xxxxxxx
Check out the RFL web site at: http://193.63.162.100/gh/sw/RFL.htm

Until next week

73's