Re: [HCDX]: New format on 1660 KHz (what is going on?)

Re: [HCDX]: New format on 1660 KHz (what is going on?)

Dear David,

	Thanks for listening.  We can only report what we hear (or don't
hear in this case).  Thanks to #swl IRC channel we had at least 3
DXers listening for the ID (including one in Suburban NYC in NJ),
which we did not hear. I don't know why they did not give their ID
which they commonly do during their SS programming. They appear to
be doing something different from the past as I heard SS at7/9  0930
and PP again last night (7/9) at 2230 UTC.

> << No call letters ID or location given, so far. >>
>
> Call letters are given in English at the top of the hour, as in ID 9
> JUL 2000 UTC: "You're listening to AM 1660, WBAH, Elizabeth-New
> York."  I haven't heard any Portugese here yet, but there could be a
> lease-time arrangement.  The 1430 station mentioned is WNJR Newark
> NJ, which has many different language programs.

I have heard the 1430 guy often here in Maryland.

> David Yocis
> South Nyack, NY, USA

73's
Bill Harms