[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME NINETEEN - NUMBER TWO

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME NINETEEN - NUMBER TWO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 78
		VOLUME    NINETEEN - NUMBER TWO

July 12th 1998

Hello again Radio Friends.

Again another quiet week for the weekly this past week, although
sources indicate that there "May" be a broadcast at the end of July
from both Radio Sue and KIWI Radio here in New Zealand
from their own transmitters. More info soon.
Both KIWI Radio and Radio Sue have been relayed recently by
Radio Cochiguaz in South America, and KIWI Radio has been heard
via the transmitters of the Shortwave Relay Service in Europe,
to which they are extremly gratefull - THANKS!!.

Both KIWI Radio and Radio Sue are looking for more stations
that want to relay them once or twice a year. If you want to
relay them, or know a station that may be interested please Email
us at:<kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

Now onto other news recieved in the past week:

				*******************

					RAIDED ::

THE NETHERLANDS PTT AND POLICE HAS RAIDED THE FARMERS ON THIS SUNDAY
AFTERNOON!
EXACT ON 12.12 UTC THE OFFICIALS WAS BY THE FARMERS STUDIO, CONFISCATED
DIV. TRANSMITTERS: R & S TX WITH 1 KW AND A "LOW POWER TX OF 100 WATTS"!

THIS WAS THE RAID NO.2 (NOT NO.3!!!).
THE PTT WAS ON THIS MORNING IN THE FARMERS VILLAGE AND HAS HEARD  A
SIGNAL FROM THE VERY STRONG TX FROM THIS FAMOUS STATION!
THE FARMERS - CREW HAS CAN SEE THE OFFICIALS FROM THE PTT AND POLICE!!

HOWEVER NOT SILENCE ON THE BAND!
SHE WAS ON AIR ONLY WITH A LOW POWER-TX AND WITH MANY BREAKS IN THE
PROGRAMME. OFFICIAL C/D HERE WAS ON 12.02 UTC. A LITTLE MOMENT LATER THE
PTT WAS BY THE FARMERS STUDIO!!!

( via: <060431613-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx> (Werner Schauermann).)

				*********************

				RADIO WEB SITE:

You are invited to check out   www.tafcommedia.net

Here you will find over 15 hours of Real Audio programming including
Progressive, Psychedelic & Rock music via Radio Free Kansas.

You will also find free radio airchecks, jingles, music survey charts,
and qsl's.

We hope you enjoy the programming. We invite your request for future
music to be featured.
We are in the process of acquiring a BMI license to webcast.

Steve Taaffe
webmaster
www.tafcommedia.net
				********************

				MORE RADIO WEB SITES:

http://members.xoom.com/wireless/     (Offshore Radio Links)
http://home.t-online.de/home/vanderVen/     (Offshore Radio Links)
http://medien.freepage.de/offshore/   (Offshore Radio Links)
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/3309/
(Satellite Communications)

( via < vanderVen@xxxxxxxxxxx> )

				**********************

				PRAYZE 105 :

 In Connecticut, the Bloomfield pirate known as "Prayze 105"
was the subject of a lengthy article in the Hartford Courant this
week.  The newspaper spoke with several Prayze 105 listeners and
advertisers -- and with licensed WKND (1480 Windsor), which claims
it's losing ad revenue to the long-running pirate at 105.3.

( via NERW 7/9/98 )

				***********************

				RADIO CAROLINE:

Radio Caroline with the information that the station will be test each
Wednesday evening from 18.00 to 20.00 UK time the new frequency of 15200
kHz with 500 kW.

				************************

					RADIO 510:

This weekend you can hear a brand new station from Germany called
RADIO NIGHTMARE.This show is only in English and well worth a listen. DJ
Steven is your host for 60 minutes.

All reception reports to:

B.B.Musikproduktion,
Radio Nightmare,
Bahnhofstrasse 35a,
D - 67459 Böhl-Iggelheim,
Germany.

Check out their homepage: http://www.members.aol.com/GNRecords
E-mail: <GNRecords@xxxxxxx>

				*********************

			RADIO FOR PEACE INTERNATIONAL:

Radio For Peace International Weekly Program Update
for week ending 12 July,1998

RFPI Frequency Schedule:

BAND    FREQ/MODE       UTC/GMT TIME

43 meters: 6.980 MHz (AM)     2330-1530 (Output: 10 kW)
19 meters: 15.050 MHz (AM)   1800-0800 (Output: 30 kW)
13 meters: 21.460 MHz (AM)   1530-2330 (Output: 10 kW)

				***********************

		VENEZUELAN QSL HELP WEB PAGE:

 News from VENEZUELA: A few days ago I finish my first web page  about
Ven-qsl-help and soon will give you news about Venezuelan  Radio Tours
1999.
By the way next week will start another  e-mail contest and the
prizes will be connected with Radio Valera. I would like  you visit my
page:
  http://members.tripod.com/~wintermonges/index.html e-mail:

( <winter@xxxxxxxxx> )

				*********************

				DXing WITH CUMBRE:

Schedule as of 18 June 1998

VIA WHRI ANGEL I (To: Americas/Caribbean)
0500  Sat  7315
1730  Sat  15105
2230  Sat  9495
1230  Sun  9495
1330  Sun  15105

VIA WHRI ANGEL II  (TO: Eur/Mideast/Africa/Russia/N Am)
0500  Sat  5745
1430  Sat  6040
2200  Sat  5745
0430  Sun  5745
0830  Sun  5745

VIA KWHR ANGEL III (TO: Asia/Pacific)
0230  Sat  17510
0600  Sun  17780
1630  Sun  9930
1830  Sun  13625

VIA KWHR ANGEL IV (TO: South Pacific)
0700  Sat  17555
1230  Sat  11565
2000  Sat  17555
0330  Sun  17555
0730  Sun  17555
1030  Sun  11565 (new)
1300  Sun  11565
2130  Sun  17555

VIA WHRA ANGEL V  (TO: Africa/Mideast)
0330  Sat  9400
0800  Sat  11565
2130  Sat  15460
0730  Sun  11565
1830  Sun  17655
2130  Sun  15460

Also, you can hear the program whenever it is on shortwave via
Real Audio through the World Harvest Radio website at:
http://www.whr.org, or through the Cumbre DX website at:
http://www.ralabs.com/cumbre.

   (  "Marie A. Lamb" <malamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> )

				*********************

			LISTENING PAGES:

 The Listening Pages contain  what I hope are the beginnings of audio
clips of examples of good DX.
Feel free to submit your's in Real Audio or .WAV format.

The URL is:

http://users.exis.net/~crippel/

( <crippel@xxxxxxxx> )

				******************

				UPDATED WEB SITE:

The N0UIH Ham Radio/DX Web Site is in the process of being updated. A
new logbook, new club Web site addresses and a new main page has been
added.
Check it out at this URL:

http://members.aol.com/n0uiheric/k-index.html

( <N0UIHEric@xxxxxxx> )

				*********************

				WRKO:

WRKO Shortwave was using 6950 kHz last weekend.
They use Box 109, Blue Ridge Summit, PA 17214 and also email:
<wrkosw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Reception reports will be appreciated.

( <clobdell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> )

				**********************

				PIRATE BEACONS ????

There appears to be a cluster of "pirate" beacons apparently installed
on a
"hobby" basis between 4095 and 4096 kHz.  Most are "beepers" sending
dashes of various lengths and/or spacings.  There is also one that sends
a "W" after a series of dits that can vary in spacing and length.
Additional info "from the grapevine" also indicates additional beacons
on or near the following
frequencies:

6851 kHz - "beeper"
6700 kHz - "beeper"
5484.5 kHz - repetative "H"

All of the above have been confirmed at this location in Tucson, AZ.
These beacons are reported to be located remotely in the "deep Southwest
desert" and operate on gel-cells and solar panels with ouputs of 100mW
to 250mW.
The antenna details are not known.

(< Fcathell@xxxxxxx> , < hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxx> )

				********************

				WANTED:

	One Power Supply "VIBRATOR REED"
	12 VDC # V6295 as used in World War Two Feild Radio sets.
	( including New Zealand ZC1 Radio Sets.)

	Please contact us at:  <kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

				*********************

				WANTED:
			      TAPE TRADERS:

I am a keen DXer who also enjoys swapping tapes of FM Radio stations.
I enjoy Local stations that play oldies or hits of the 70's & 80's, as I
find
that it gives an interesting insite into a foreign country by listening
to their local news, adverts and weather info plus it's all in FM
Stereo!!.

If you are interested
please Email me Direct at: < mike.grant1@xxxxxxxxxx>

				*********************

					SWRS:

This is to  remind you of our test broadcast on
11.470 kHz , USB, 25 m.b.
from about 21.00 UTC on Saturday 11 July (for about 4 hours)
from about 06.00 UTC on Sunday 12 July (for about 6 hours)

If you listen to the broadcast please  E-mail us at:
swrs@xxxxxxx .

For the latest news about SWRS, or if you need our free service,
please visit our home page at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568/

Steve_SWRS
SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilities for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568

				**********************

			RADIO FREE LONDON SW:

 RADIO FREE LONDON will be carrying out another test on
 the 76 meter band this Saturday evening through until Sunday
morning on 3945kHz.

 Snail mail: RFL, 101B, Kings Cross Road, London, WC1X 9LP
 or RFL, BP 130, 92504 Rueil, Cedex, France.
 Email: <RFLsw@xxxxxxx>
 Check out the RFL web site at:
		 http://193.63.162.100/gh/eire/RFL.htm

				********************

		NEW USA SHORTWAVE STATION: WBCQ

Allan Weiner's new shortwave station, WBCQ, plans to start testing in
the 2nd or 3rd week of August. He will be using the old pirate radio
frequency of 7.415.

For more details, read this special mesage from Dr. Scott Becker on the
Free Radio Network Grapevine!

http://www.frn.net/grapevine/messages/7362.html

( via: "Anita L McCormick" <ANITAMCRADIO@xxxxxxxxxxx> )

				*********************

				HELP WANTED :

On 08 JUNE 98 I heard a station ID as Wacked RAdio.
They gave a 1-888 toll free request number for music AND qsl card.
I can't find anything about this station.
It was heard from 0121-0133z on 6955kHz.
Please help......
tnx, 73
Gil/WA1LAD
Email: < KE1FE@xxxxxxx>