[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME NINETEEN - NUMBER THREE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME NINETEEN - NUMBER THREE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 79
		VOLUME    NINETEEN - NUMBER THREE

July 19th 1998

Hi there Folks. Sorry for being late today - I lost the disc with the
information on it.

The Flu has really hit us all here really bad, so I hope that this weeks
issue is up to scratch, as I am off to bed again very soon.

Other news this week is:

				*********************

			SOUTH AMERICAN PIRATES

-Times UTC

*RADIO COCHIGUAZ will be active again with his pirate activity relaying
some free stations on:

-Sat 18th July 1998

-Frequency: 6980L khz

 1800-1849      Dark Pampa Radio
 1900-2000      Radio Free Willy
 2015-2045      Radio Pirana International
 2100-2130      Radio Pirana International

*Maildrops:

*Radio Free Willy, they move recently to the new maildrop: Postfach
 520112, D-44207 Dortmund , Germany.
*Dark Pampa Radio: DPR, Casilla 5251, 1000-Buenos Aires, Argentina,
*Radio Pirana International: RPI, Casilla 2571, 1000-Buenos Aires,
 Argentina. Email:< rpi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 &
*RC, Casilla 2571, 1000-Buenos Aires, Argentina or also RC, Box 109,
 Blue Ridge Summit, PA 17214, USA.

*Only snail mail reports will be verified with a QSL, and please
 include 2 IRC for to cover the postal fees.

E-Mail: <radio.cochiguaz@xxxxxxx>  &  <rc@xxxxxxxxx>

				**************************

			Information Web page about  QSL cards :

QSL Information Page (QSL-Informations and Pictures):
http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/2594/geo-qsl.htm

				************************

	      IS THE TASMANIAN PIRATE ON AIR AGAIN ???

Am hearing a station on 4860 kHz at 0830 relaying or rebroadcasting a
Belfast  FM station. It might be the Tasmanian Pirate back on the air.

They made mention that they were going to be broadcasting 6 -7 every
night (which is local time in the Eastern states of Australia...     so
I'd agree with your suggestion about the Tassy pirate..)

				***********************

				ROCK-IT RADIO

     Graham Barclay at Kiwi Radio weekly was kind enough to mention our
netcasts every Friday and Saturday night.  From some e mail we have
received it may be a bit confusing as we unfortunately posted it in
local times.
Our "live" netcast schedule is Saturday  and Sunday   from 0305 to 0530
and sometimes over..utc at  http://www.palmsradio.com

Our web site also features some archived shows that have been broadcast
in the past  over the free radio frequencies.  And you can check those
out at our website
http://www.palmsradio.com/rockittext.htm

And in concluding we are in the process of getting more QSL's printed up
with a new design for those waiting for your qsl's that have sent
reports.
Thank you for your patience and hope to have them mailed out by middle
of next week!

Bennie Dingo
 Rock-it Radio

p.s. euro dx'ers Rock-it Radio is finally returning to europe thanks to
SWRS!!!

Thank you SWRS and look for our broadcasts in the future!!  We have
missed our European audience greatly.  For those that like rare and
rockin' 1950's rock and roll!

				*********************

        From the St. Petersberg times, St Pete, Florida USA
 -  July 15th 1998

Radio Pirate gets probation, house arrest

TAMPA ---  A Tampa Bay radio pirate was sentenced Tuesday to probation
and house arrest.
        Lonnie Kobres, 54, of Lutz, received three years' probation, six
months' house arrest and a $7,500 fine from U.S.District Judge Henry Lee
Adams.
        Kobres was arrested in November on a morning in which three
unlicensed stations were shut down in Tampa.

End of article

Bill Howard
THE WILLIAM L. HOWARD ORDNANCE TECHNICAL INTELLIGENCE MUSEUM
e-mail wlhoward@xxxxxxx

				*******************

				NEW FREE RADIO WEBSITE:

We invite you to check out  http://www.tafcommedia.net

We feature free radio jingles/airchecks plus over 15 hours of Real Audio
music via Radio Free Kansas.

( ksahs@xxxxxxxxx )

				*****************

					SWRS:

NEXT TEST BROADCAST (from site b) WILL BE ON 11.470 KHZ USB

- Saturday JULY 18th FROM 21.00 UTC (for about 4 hours)
- Sunday JULY 19th FROM 06.00 UTC (for about 6 hours)

(please try always also before or after the scheduled time)

Please always check our home page for more updated news !

Good listening to you all.
Steve, SWRS.

SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilities for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568

				**********************

        			ROBERT KRAMER'S DX HOME PAGE

			http://members.aol.com/rkdx/index.html

				************************

				RADIO FREE LONDON

 5805kHz and 3945kHz
 this Saturday evening and all day Sunday.

 This weeks line up:

 Terry Philips (That nice old Gentleman plays more old tunes
 						from the past)

Andy Walker  (Rare 60s tunes, plus "Why the Irish are scum"
 EAP goes bust, rude jokes and more with  London's "Big Mouth")

 Jodie (The latest album rock releases)

 Tony Randall (The happy homo and friends with more camp stories
 						from the camp scene)

 RFL's 30th Birthday will take place over 9 days
 between Friday 8th to Sunday 16th August and will
 feature some old presenters from the past. More
 details with our next mailout.

 Please note the change of address for our web
 site below.

Snail mail: RFL, 101B, Kings Cross Road, London, WC1X 9LP
or RFL, BP 130, 92504 Rueil, Cedex, France.
Email: RFLsw@xxxxxxx
Check out the RFL web site at: http://193.63.162.100/gh/eire/RFL.htm

				***************************

                 TEXAS CYBER-TWISTER WORLD WIDE RADIO SHOW

is one the internet in REAL AUDIO....
REAL AUDIO PLAYER FREE ON our site...

Tune us in...you'll like it ...add us to your  site!
<A HREF="http://www.effectweb.com/twister/";>TEXAS CYBER-TWISTER WORLD
WIDE
RADIO SHOW</A>     just click on and enjoy....

  And all artists are invited to send material
          --------TEXAS TWISTER RADIO
                    p.o.box 380567
                    Duncanville, Texas 75138  USA
Fax (972) 2963683
EMAIL <texastwisterradio@xxxxxxxxx>
            <EHouck1@xxxxxxx>
WEBSITE <http://www.effectweb.com/twister/>
  Thanks for the listen,
         Elton "the hawk" Houck <A
HREF="http://www.effectweb.com/twister/";>
TEXAS TWISTER RADIO OFFICIAL WEBSITE</A>

( <EHouck1@xxxxxxx>,< texastwisterradio@xxxxxxxxx> )

Thats it for this week, until next week

73's
Graham J Barclay